Question Stuttering in games

Apr 22, 2023
Visit site
Stuttering in games, and bad performance. What i have tried. Changing the Settings From High to Low in games like CSGO, Valorant, League of Legends doesn't improve my fps or the stuttering. I have these random stutters during the games. On this rig my LOL fps is not going above 120 and it goes down till 90, on CSGO its from 200-300, on both games there is stuttering ingame. What i have also noticed is that the GPU Usage is always going from 0 - 100%. The temperatures of both GPU and CPU are good under 65C. What i have done is (updating BIOS, changed XMP Profile for the ram to 2933mhz, Disable TPM, Remove the motherboard battery, checked the pins of the cable to the GPU, Reinstalled windows from 11 to 10, overclock the CPU, DDU on the GPU Drivers and reinstalling them, the PC is in high-performance mode. No viruses as i ran many tests. I have disabled game bar. I have changed the dpi cable to HDMI and around, i have changed the hz from 170 to 144/120/90. Also i have reinstalled windows 10 full, without internet, installed the drivers Chipset first, then GPU etc. The stuttering appeared 2 years ago.

After all this i noticed when playing CSGO offline (disconnecting the lan cable) i get no stutters.

SPECS:

CPU:
AMD RYZEN 5 2600,
Motherboard: MB ASROCK AM4 B450 Fatal1ty GAMING K4 4xDDR4 3200Mhz
RAM: DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws4 F4-3000C15D-16GRK
SSD M.2: 240GB KINGSTON PCI-E NVMe A1000, SA1000M8
240G HDD: TOSHIBA HDWD110
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8GB
PSU: 750W 14CM FAN, EVGA GQ, 80+ GOLD, SEMI MODULAR, 210-GQ-0750-V2 PSU Age: 3.5 years
Chassis ATX / E-ATX Midi Tower Case: Deepcool MATREXX 55 V3 Black
Monitor: GIGABYTE G24F Gaming Monitor 170hz
BIOS VERISON: P5.30p

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome to the forum :)

i noticed when playing CSGO offline (disconnecting the lan cable) i get no stutters
Maybe points to your internet connection. Who's your ISP, and what speeds do you get at places like Cloudflare, Fast.com, SpeedTest.net etc?

One of our experts should be along in a while. In the meantime:

See the 'Search' box up top? Put "stuttering" in there, tick the "Search titles only' box, and see if any of the many results are helpful.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Apr 22, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

Maybe points to your internet connection. Who's your ISP, and what speeds do you get at places like Cloudflare, Fast.com, SpeedTest.net etc?

One of our experts should be along in a while. In the meantime:

See the 'Search' box up top? Put "stuttering" in there, tick the "Search titles only' box, and see if any of the many results are helpful.

Hello, and thanks.
My internet provider is Telekom, speedtest 16mbs download, 19ms. I forgot to say i have tested on different internet provider with different ethernet cable, still the stutter is there.

Just a couple of thoughts as it seems connected to your network. I'm no expert on networking stuff but a few thoughts to test.

-The drivers for your Realtek network chip, are you using the latest available for your model? Check the Asrock website for your motherboard and update to the latest if needed. Windows often defaults to older ones.

- Whats the Ping you are getting from the servers for the games you are trying to play?

- Your router at home what make and model is it? Is there a newer firmware available for it from the manufacturer? Do you have a spare one you can try? A different port on the router? A different connection you can use at the wall?

Someone else probably has better ideas but there something to look into that might help :)

Apr 22, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. My Internet Provider is Telekom-North Macedonia, it's pretty stable internet its not optical (some of my friends have it too, and they dont stutter) but it's good. About the driver: Realtek Lan driver ver:10023, it's from the Asrock website B450 K4 Fatality Drivers, it's from 2018. The ping i get while gaming is 40-60 [no packet loss no choke]. As i said i have tried on another router from another internet provider which gives better results here, also i have tried using 4G internet and my android phone cable USB tettering, no luck.

Realtek Lan driver ver:10023, it's from the Asrock website B450 K4 Fatality Drivers, it's from 2018.

Hmm the latest Realtek LAN driver I can see on the Asrock website says its from 2021

Realtek Lan driver ver:1168.1_1125.1.714.2021

As i said i have tried on another router from another internet provider which gives better results here, also i have tried using 4G internet and my android phone cable USB tettering, no luck.

I didnt realize when you said different provider and cable you changed the router as well. Sounds as if the problem may be with teh networking inside your PC to me. If the latest driver doesnt help, perhaps testing with a cheap PCI-E network card and disabling the onboard might be something to try.

Someone who knows a lot about networking might have a better idea.

Apr 24, 2023
Visit site
Stuttering in games, and bad performance. What i have tried. Changing the Settings From High to Low in games like CSGO, Valorant, League of Legends doesn't improve my fps or the stuttering. I have these random stutters during the games. On this rig my LOL fps is not going above 120 and it goes down till 90, on CSGO its from 200-300, on both games there is stuttering ingame. What i have also noticed is that the GPU Usage is always going from 0 - 100%. The temperatures of both GPU and CPU are good under 65C. What i have done is (updating BIOS, changed XMP Profile for the ram to 2933mhz, Disable TPM, Remove the motherboard battery, checked the pins of the cable to the GPU, Reinstalled windows from 11 to 10, overclock the CPU, DDU on the GPU Drivers and reinstalling them, the PC is in high-performance mode. No viruses as i ran many tests. I have disabled game bar. I have changed the dpi cable to HDMI and around, i have changed the hz from 170 to 144/120/90. Also i have reinstalled windows 10 full, without internet, installed the drivers Chipset first, then GPU etc. The stuttering appeared 2 years ago.

After all this i noticed when playing CSGO offline (disconnecting the lan cable) i get no stutters.

SPECS:

CPU:
AMD RYZEN 5 2600,
Motherboard: MB ASROCK AM4 B450 Fatal1ty GAMING K4 4xDDR4 3200Mhz
RAM: DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws4 F4-3000C15D-16GRK
SSD M.2: 240GB KINGSTON PCI-E NVMe A1000, SA1000M8
240G HDD: TOSHIBA HDWD110
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8GB
PSU: 750W 14CM FAN, EVGA GQ, 80+ GOLD, SEMI MODULAR, 210-GQ-0750-V2 PSU Age: 3.5 years
Chassis ATX / E-ATX Midi Tower Case: Deepcool MATREXX 55 V3 Black
Monitor: GIGABYTE G24F Gaming Monitor 170hz
BIOS VERISON: P5.30p

Stuttering in games is a phenomenon where the game's performance becomes irregular or choppy, causing the visuals or audio to pause, skip or repeat momentarily. This can result in an unpleasant and disruptive gaming experience.
There can be several causes for stuttering in games, including:
  1. Hardware limitations: If the hardware of the gaming system (such as the graphics card, processor, or RAM) is not powerful enough to handle the game's requirements, it may cause stuttering.
  2. Driver issues: Outdated or faulty device drivers can cause stuttering in games. It is essential to keep your device drivers up-to-date to avoid such issues.
  3. Game optimization: Some games may not be optimized well, and they may require additional tweaking of the game settings or updates to fix stuttering issues.
  4. Background processes: Running several applications in the background while gaming can consume system resources and cause stuttering.
  5. Internet connectivity: In online games, poor internet connectivity can cause lag and stuttering issues.
To address stuttering in games, you can try the following steps:
  1. Update your device drivers.
  2. Close all unnecessary applications running in the background.
  3. Reduce game settings to lessen the load on your hardware.
  4. Verify the game files for any missing or corrupted files.
  5. Check your internet connectivity and adjust network settings.
  6. Upgrade your hardware if necessary.
If these steps do not help, you may need to contact the game developer or seek technical assistance from your hardware manufacturer.

Apr 22, 2023
Visit site
I
Stuttering in games is a phenomenon where the game's performance becomes irregular or choppy, causing the visuals or audio to pause, skip or repeat momentarily. This can result in an unpleasant and disruptive gaming experience.
There can be several causes for stuttering in games, including:
  1. Hardware limitations: If the hardware of the gaming system (such as the graphics card, processor, or RAM) is not powerful enough to handle the game's requirements, it may cause stuttering.
  2. Driver issues: Outdated or faulty device drivers can cause stuttering in games. It is essential to keep your device drivers up-to-date to avoid such issues.
  3. Game optimization: Some games may not be optimized well, and they may require additional tweaking of the game settings or updates to fix stuttering issues.
  4. Background processes: Running several applications in the background while gaming can consume system resources and cause stuttering.
  5. Internet connectivity: In online games, poor internet connectivity can cause lag and stuttering issues.
To address stuttering in games, you can try the following steps:
  1. Update your device drivers.
  2. Close all unnecessary applications running in the background.
  3. Reduce game settings to lessen the load on your hardware.
  4. Verify the game files for any missing or corrupted files.
  5. Check your internet connectivity and adjust network settings.
  6. Upgrade your hardware if necessary.
If these steps do not help, you may need to contact the game developer or seek technical assistance from your hardware manufacturer.

If you have time please read this thread https://pchelpforum.net/t/stuttering-in-games.85281/page-2#post-172796, i have tried with new RAM, and new GPU... the stutter is still there.

TRENDING THREADS