Strange shadow behavior in Assassin's Creed Odyssey

May 22, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new here so forgive me if I posted in the wrong forum.

I've been experiencing a strange shadow issue with ACO and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've contacted Ubisoft and showed them the video footage but they told me that they don't know what the problem is either.

I've played the game on 3 different computers (with gtx 1650S, gtx 980ti, and Radeon RX 590) on 3 different monitors, on the highest to the lowest quality settings, and on Nvidia Now's cloud gaming, and they all have exactly the same weird effects.

Any advice on how to fix it?

Here is the shadow bug I'm experiencing, notice how they appear and disappear as I move the camera:

Could it be that the tree causing the shadow is vanishing as the camera turns?
It's possible the tree gets listed as "too far out of screen, flush from memory" but unlikely since it's still so near and very likely to come back into screen proximity imminently.

I see this kind of thing regularly in games but it doesn't bother me—I guess I'm lenient since I have a vague idea of the large work & tech which goes into making such scenes. What I find annoying are the pop-in, pop-out dances where objects repeatedly appear and disappear.

Reactions: Zloth