Steam Points: Know what this is? Ever use it? How many do you have?

• The Steam Points program awards gamers with 100 points for every $1 that they spend.
  • Points can be used to customize your profile/avatar/chat, etc. or to reward other users for good reviews or comments in the forums.
  • Publishers/developers who want to participate make art available in their point shop, which can be accessed from various places such as the Library page once you have clicked on a game.
  • The benefit to publishers is goodwill and free advertising.

I have given a number of people awards for reviews that I found particularly helpful, and I occasionally look in various games' point shops to check out what is available. I just got a Raft background for my profile this morning. I currently have about 566,000 points.

Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
Helps if you know where to see them - too late, I found it now.
Shows how little I spend on Steam - 4066 points

looks at items... walks away

If it was Diablo related, you'd be knee deep in emotes.

I have around 3,400ish. I don't tend to use them that often and mostly forget about it until I'm at the checkout stage. They're a nice feature and something a little extra I guess.

the pointshop is personally pointless as no one will ever look at my profile besides myself and i don't even do that often.

That said, if i had more points i wouldn't mind splashing around and making a nice profile. Atm i only have 11000 points. not enough to complete it. The problem i have with most of the profile backgrounds is that they don't fit properly and most of the good stuff is lost and leaves a lot to be desired.

the pointshop is personally pointless as no one will ever look at my profile besides myself and i don't even do that often.

That said, if i had more points i wouldn't mind splashing around and making a nice profile. Atm i only have 11000 points. not enough to complete it. The problem i have with most of the profile backgrounds is that they don't fit properly and most of the good stuff is lost and leaves a lot to be desired.
I was really surprised. The one I got this morning for Raft only had images on the left and right and fit almost perfectly.

Reactions: Pifanjr

McStabStab

Community Contributor
66,000 points. I usually use them to get emoticons for chatting in the forums or on my friend's activity feeds. I also like the mini profile and avatar frame items you can get. Awards are also nice to give away as you had mentioned.

I'm not SUPER active most of the time (cause of work and family stuff most of the time), but when I am I try to comment and give feedback on posts and reviews. If anyone cares to see my 18+ year old profile, here it is: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965067948

66,000 points. I usually use them to get emoticons for chatting in the forums or on my friend's activity feeds. I also like the mini profile and avatar frame items you can get. Awards are also nice to give away as you had mentioned.

I'm not SUPER active most of the time (cause of work and family stuff most of the time), but when I am I try to comment and give feedback on posts and reviews. If anyone cares to see my 18+ year old profile, here it is: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965067948
Very nice. You're good at screenshots, too. Here's mine if you are interested.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I can't see Zed's, his profile is private!

Rewards can't be used in-game, as far as I know. They are strictly for making your profile nicer, chatting on Steam forums, chatting with friends, and so on.

There seems to be a bad inflation problem, too. People are getting a lot more points than they know how to spend.

I can't see Zed's, his profile is private!

Rewards can't be used in-game, as far as I know. They are strictly for making your profile nicer, chatting on Steam forums, chatting with friends, and so on.

There seems to be a bad inflation problem, too. People are getting a lot more points than they know how to spend.
I changed my profile to public.

There's no inflation. Prices are fixed. No money actually ever changes hands, anyway. It's just something for developers and players to goof around with.

You're right, the prices aren't changing, but people have a LOT more points than they did early on. They've thrown in more and more awards that are worth more and more points over the past few years. I don't know what they'll do after 10 years. (Points never expire!)
I'm waiting till they offer a full refund for my $5600

As long as the rewards get better for more points, that's okay. I didn't even realize they had animated profile backgrounds until just now. Changed mine.

Last edited:
Indeed. Quick scan didn't locate mine—Help! :)
The ways I know of are:
1) Hover over "Store" on the top left and select "Points Shop"
2) From any game's store page, look at the bar of the top.
3) To check the shop for a specific game, go to "Home" (Library) and click on the game. If this game has a points shop, the link will be underneath the picture. That said, it could be that the library page isn't the same for everyone, maybe, if there are optional set-ups. Not sure.

TRENDING THREADS