Steam 'Add a Note' browser Extension

ETA: see post #9—this is a browser extension I had forgotten about!

This appeared recently, beside the Wishlist, Follow, Ignore buttons. Put your note in, and it's sitting there in view next time you visit that game page—no need to click on any 'Show Note' delay. Well done Steam, user-friendly design.

Use Shift+Enter to write a new line in the text box—but the display will lump it all together in one line, so obviously less useful for longer notes. If you know/discover the character limit, please post.

You can also update your note anytime—eg I went back in and added the URL for @Johnway's helpful post below:

2JcgdOz.png

Great feature imo, I've been using it quite a bit to store tidbits from reviews which the marketing omits for some reason :)

Last edited:
This is a special feature being first rolled out to people their neural AI has analyzed and decided are anal retentive.

Seriously, though, they must just be rolling it out to various groups first because I don't have it either, and I'm in the beta. I also checked to see if it was a web only thing, and I don't have it there, either. I wouldn't think it would be an Opera only feature, but you never know.

You wouldn't happen to have had publisher access at any point?

I went ahead and checked Opera, and that's not it, but the more that I think about it, I think there is a second opt in somewhere on Steam for experimental features that aren't actually part of the beta branch. I'm bored, so I may figure it out eventually :)

Last edited:
I'll test my other browsers in a while, and update
Ah, it is clearly browser specific. Results from my other 3:

Edge:
The feature shows, but my saved note wasn't there. When I clicked 'Add Note', I got an empty text box.

Vivaldi:
Feature does not show at all.

Opera:

In all cases, the game showed on my wishlist, as expected—that's linked to my account. But the Note feature is obviously not account linked, but rather stored in or for the browser.

I did a very quick search, but didn't find any external info.

You wouldn't happen to have had publisher access at any point?
Nope.

@Slasken @ZedClampet what browser & OS are you using?

Reactions: Pifanjr

Edge:
The feature shows, but my saved note wasn't there. When I clicked 'Add Note', I got an empty text box.

Vivaldi:

Opera:

In all cases, the game showed on my wishlist, as expected—that's linked to my account. But the Note feature is obviously not account linked, but rather stored in or for the browser.

Nope.

I updated my post above. I didn't realize there was a second Opera browser. I just downloaded the "normal" one, I guess.

Reactions: Pifanjr

Edge:

Vivaldi:

Opera:

Nope.

I downloaded Opera GX and still don't see it.

Further investigation:

I have a Augmented Steam thing on top menu:

h3KDALP.png

When I click and select 'Options' and scroll down ~1/3 of the page, I see:

pb4GJdD.png

ETA: I'm a complete idiot! Cue surprised gasps…

It's an extension I installed and forgot about—should've twigged it when it was browser specific.

Augmented Steam

Sorry about that everyone 🥵… but hey, it's a very nice extension which you might like :)

TRENDING THREADS