Sports general discussion thread

Page 13 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
College football starts next week. Less than 2 weeks before UT takes the field for its first game against Chattanooga.

It's a money game. Every year Tennessee plays a smaller in-state school and gives them about a $3 million payout for playing the game. It helps their sports programs.

Also, it's a nice way to start the season with an easy win, sort of like an exhibition except it counts on the record.

The week after we play #16 NC State.

Reactions: Brian Boru
UT's baseball coach is now the highest paid college baseball coach in the country. In fact, only 8 MLB coaches make more than he does. It is well deserved. He has built what will almost certainly be a baseball dynasty. They've been to the World Series 3 out of 4 years and won it last year. They have far and away the best recruiting class in the country that just arrived on campus. And the coaching they will get is beyond elite.

Given that we would gladly match any offer, including from the MLB, I don't think we have to worry about him leaving for another job any time soon.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Remember (I know you don't) when I told you to remember Nico Iamaleava's name? Brian made a joke about him leaving because of his last name.

Well he's a redshirt freshman and yesterday was his first start in a regular season game, and he broke the school record for passing yards in a half. He threw for 314 yards and 3 touchdowns in the first half. He didn't play the second half because we were up by 50 points. Final score was 69 to 3

Pretty solid debut.

May 13, 2024
Visit site
Eagles' Darius Slay Says He Doesn't Want to Go to Brazil Ahead of Week 1 vs. Packers

Gotta wonder if there's any truth to the stay in your hotel room part, how much the NFL would rather risk team safety vs branching out internationally for profit.

On the other hand, the Packers sub I follow has locals posting in there offering to be tour guides for anyone traveling to the game lol.
Yes, I'm a Packers fan. Sue me.

May 13, 2024
Visit site
Less than 3 hours!
panic.gif

Reactions: ZedClampet
You got to wonder why you go somewhere that the NFL considers so dangerous that you can't let your players leave the hotel.

#14 Tennessee vs #24 NC State

#WGWTFA

Tennessee was walking onto the field for the most attended American football game in history with a crowd of over 156,000. A reporter stopped Tennessee player Darrell Taylor and asked him how the game was going to go. Taylor looked at him and said, "We gonna whoop their f****g a$$."

Tennessee won 45 - 24.

Thus the Internet sports slang WGWTFA was born.

Last edited:
Bowling is a sport right?

Started a new league last night. My wife and I won our couples league that finished a couple weeks ago, but out of 6 teams, we were the last one showing up lol. Won a 2 night stay at a fancy hotel that doesnt even have a jacuzzi in the room :(.

Anyways, started up another league last night and did pretty good (at least 2 out of the 3 games)

1st game (im on the bottom)

IBWPS4X.jpg

3rd game

o92CsNu.jpg

not bad, bowled a 584 series, not too bad for me, but i bowled a 138 in the 2nd but my excuse was i was drinking a double jack and coke lol. But, i went 8 strikes in a row (6 on 1 game, then 2 to start off the 2nd, which i ultimately bowled poorly for me with a 138, but still, that many strikes in a row is great for me)

Started a new league last night. My wife and I won our couples league that finished a couple weeks ago, but out of 6 teams, we were the last one showing up lol. Won a 2 night stay at a fancy hotel that doesnt even have a jacuzzi in the room :(.

Anyways, started up another league last night and did pretty good (at least 2 out of the 3 games)

IBWPS4X.jpg

3rd game

o92CsNu.jpg

not bad, bowled a 584 series, not too bad for me, but i bowled a 138 in the 2nd but my excuse was i was drinking a double jack and coke lol. But, i went 8 strikes in a row (6 on 1 game, then 2 to start off the 2nd, which i ultimately bowled poorly for me with a 138, but still, that many strikes in a row is great for me)
If I bowl one strike in a row, I rip my shirt off and run around the bowling alley screaming like a madman.

I can't post here what happens if I get two in a row.

I'm not allowed to bowl at most area locations.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024
Visit site

Absolutely! I played the "big 3" in the U.S. growing up, and I thought sports like bowling were inferior, having never tried them. Then one day I ditched school I think my junior year in H.S. and went bowling for the first time. Damn was I wrong! It was loads of fun! I've only played as a rec/social activity over the years, but haven't gone since before covid.

IBWPS4X.jpg

3rd game

o92CsNu.jpg

Congrats on the league win! That sounds like a lot of fun! Glad to see couples doing activities together!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts