Sports general discussion thread

Page 10 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Brian Boru

King of Munster
dive...slide... thing into home plate

Nice one, like a rugby try in the corner :)

Bejapers… USA beat Pakistan—who saw this happening? :eek:

That's a massive win, would be like USA beating Ireland in rugby. However this messes things for Ireland who are in the same group and had been hoping a showdown v Pakistan would decide 2nd place, and thereby make the knockout stage. Now looks like 2 showdowns!

• Love
Reactions: Zloth
Tennessee has made it to the college World Series for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Just heard about the cricket win on the radio from ESPN news. That's pretty impressive in and of itself.

Speaking of US upsets, my favorite basketball game of all time was when the Soviet National team, fresh off of Olympic gold, played an exhibition game against my Vols. We weren't a very good basketball program back then, but the arena was full (24k people) when the Soviets came and we won on a last second shot,

Brian Boru

King of Munster
USA beat Pakistan—who saw this happening?

Who saw USA making the playoff stage? Admittedly helped by staging the competition in the world's most hurricane-prone region during guess-what season—the genius of various world sporting bodies knows no bounds—but they played very well and were 2nd-best in the group on what we saw played so far.

Now looks like 2 showdowns

Nope, 1 showdown, 1 downpour :(

Who saw USA making the playoff stage? Admittedly helped by staging the competition in the world's most hurricane-prone region during guess-what season—the genius of various world sporting bodies knows no bounds—but they played very well and were 2nd-best in the group on what we saw played so far.

Nope, 1 showdown, 1 downpour :(

Guido was talking about cricket yesterday. I was surprised he new what was happening, but apparently he'd been following it.

Dramatic win for Tennessee in the first game of the World Series. Were down three going into the bottom of the ninth and scored 4.

They are really fun to watch. Our last coach played small ball, and I couldn't stand it. Getting a runner on first meant there was going to be an automatic out immediately after, either from trying to steal second or from bunting.

Reactions: Brian Boru
The forum is relying on you now to deliver some silverware—my team lost their semi against Glasgow yesterday :(
Hopefully. Odds are getting better. Winning the first two games really puts them in a good place.

Also, they need something like 6 homeruns to set the all-time NCAA season record. Naturally, the championship is much more important, but I wouldn't mind getting both :)

Brian Boru

King of Munster
Is this an interplanetary league?

Have you been under an asteroid? Don't you remember all the fuss when Pluto was disqualified, leaving a round 8 for the Solar Quarters?

Some color from Euro 2024:

Doesn't always ring true tho:

Last edited:
Wait, what? Finals > World Series!? Is this an interplanetary league??
Finals are part of the World Series. It's an 8 team tournament.

It's kind of sad because we're going to lose most of these guys in the MLB draft, but we have the #1 rated incoming class, most of whom will also be drafted but will decide to play in college instead. After they go to college they can't be drafted again until after their junior year.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlrkkMN53lI

There is little, if anything, on earth that can compare to the passion of college football. Times are changing, though, and only time will tell if paying the players big bucks will change how people think about the sport. We already have several players on Tennessee who make more money than some NFL players like QB Nico Iamaleava who is getting close to $3 million a year now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts