PCG Article Sony scoops up Bungie for $3.6B!

CParsons

Staff member
Well, I totally wasn't expecting that but here we are!

"We remain in charge of our destiny. We will continue to independently publish and creatively develop our games. We will continue to drive one, unified Bungie community. Our games will continue to be where our community is, wherever they choose to play."

CParsons

Staff member
This is the best reasoning I have noticed..

They must know what they're doing. Someone like me just sees they don't have IP's and has to wonder. No offence to Destiny fans and all but its also never been much part of my universe either so seems even stranger

Probably Sony is trying to say, our PS will beat your XB, just give us time!

I'm sure the attention is also not unwelcome, they're saying more is incoming as well.

As someone who plays Destiny religiously i was kinda glad to hear something like this. Im hopeful that this means that Destiny expansions in the future will be bigger and meatier and that maybe, just maybe, theres a film in the future...

For reference, the biggest expansion that Bungie released for Destiny 2 was titled Forsaken. At the time of launch, Bungie was working with Activision Blizzard which means it was using their resources on top of their own. All other expansions have been solely Bungie and are noticeably smaller.

Theres also a large vault of content bungie pulled from the game because it was overloading their servers/space etc. which, if it was all still available, would make the game run crappier than it does now (its not terrible but there are some technical difficulties with the game). So maybe some of that content can come back and remain (like the original Destiny 2 campaign)

I am also a believer in Destiny remaining multiplatform just like i am with Call of Duty. The whole MS v Sony is just as bad/redundant and superficial as AMD/Intel or AMD/Nvidia to me. Neither of these companies are going anywhere regardless of whoever owns who and who has the most money.

Last edited:
is that bargaining rights... so Microsoft, do you want Halo?
Wiki says:
"On October 5, 2007, Bungie announced that it had split from Microsoft and become a privately held independent company, Bungie LLC, while Microsoft retained ownership of the Halo franchise intellectual property."

I totally wasn't expecting that
Just wait until someone swallows Ubisoft!
Not kidding, this decade will see a lot of gaming consolidation, and Ubisoft is a cheap target.

Taking Bungie's games to TV/movies!?
Is Uwe Boll free?

TRENDING THREADS