Solved [SOLVED] Pc Shutdowns in some games and apps

Mar 4, 2021
Visit site
Hi, everybody

Im using:
i5-8400 (stock cooling)
Sapphire Rx 570 - 8Gb
Kllisre 8 Gb 2400 Mhz ddr4 (single channel)
Gigabyte B360M D2V (rev 1.0)
Corsair VS550 Psu
Samsung 250gb SSD (for system)
Seagate 500gb 5400rpm (for storage)(2.5'')

2 months ago my pc shutdown first time. I m using this system almost 3 years and it was fine. One day while playing remnant and broadcasting on discord pc just shutdown like a power-lose. Since I did not change any components I thought it might be malware and I re-install the windows. After that ı tought it was fixed but when ı start to play Mafia 1 definitive edition and Bf1 it shutdown but like 3-5 times in 2 months. When I start play Mafia 3 def edt. it shutdowns almost every time ı open the game. (most of the time as soon as the game finishes loading, sometimes playing after couples of minutes and shutdowns 2 times in setup ) after 3 days I stop trying and moved to Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice it was like the mafia 3, almost every time shutdowns. Only diffrence was this time it did not shutdowns like instantly when loading a game. This time shutdowns in 2-5 minutes. The funny things ı spend hours in Total War: Rome 2 and it just 1 time shutdown in this game. (I alt-tab the game and did some things in browser etc. Then open the game try to scoop arround and after of couples of seconds it shutdown) Then my friend says update your bıos it maay help. it did not help but after updated the bıos it starts to re-start after these shutdowns. Then ı test the ram with memtest86 like 5 times (No Errors), test the cpu with intel processor diagnostic tool (No Errors), Heaven Benchmark for gpu (not shutdowns), did some aida64 stress thing for checking the Psu put the system full load (Click everything), after 30 minutes nothing happend, if this coused by psu then ıt should shutdown in minutes, then ı start exact same test this time open a video from the hdd(720p-mp4 gomplayer) it shutdowns after ı open the video. With my firends pc ı try my ram and nothing happpend in his pc but even with diffrent ram my pc shutdowns.

I have no ıdea what to do at this point, since ı test every component except motherboard ı think mb should guilty but even ı have the warranty for mb ı dont know what to say to the service. Because it did not crash in most games or apps.

Im willing test things if ı can, ı need some help, thanks for your attention!

Solution
Thanks for yor message, ı wasnt expecting but it was caused by the psu

Here is the stroy:

Zloth

Community Contributor
After that ı tought it was fixed but when ı start to play Mafia 1 definitive edition and Bf1 it shutdown but like 3-5 times in 2 months.
I'm not sure how much you play per day but, if you're playing most every day, that seems like pretty normal crashing to me.

Mafia 3 shut down while setting up?? If you're using Steam, be sure to verify files to make sure everything is what it should be. That could just be a few critical bits being wrong. Or maybe a bad sector on the hard drive?

Actually, maybe the hard drive is the common factor. Have you run check disk on it? ( TechJunkie tutorial on ChkDsk)

Come to think of it, I haven't run that program in a mighty long time...

Reactions: DefaultUsername
Mar 4, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for yor message, ı wasnt expecting but it was caused by the psu

Here is the stroy:

Solution

TRENDING THREADS