Slight framerate drops when gaming on Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

When gaming on my laptop, wether game is demanding or not (I switch from Baldur’s Gate 3 to Untitled Goose Game), I can see slight lag, especially when moving the in-game camera.

For info, all Games I play are on the medium graphic preset.

Is there a way I can diagnose and tweak some options to solve such issue? Does it have to do with the graphic card ? The CPU?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Hi,

When gaming on my laptop, wether game is demanding or not (I switch from Baldur’s Gate 3 to Untitled Goose Game), I can see slight lag, especially when moving the in-game camera.

For info, all Games I play are on the medium graphic preset.

Is there a way I can diagnose and tweak some options to solve such issue? Does it have to do with the graphic card ? The CPU?

Thanks in advance for any answer.
We probably need your system specs to really help you out.

Also, if you are playing on your battery, that's a real problem. You can fix it in your power settings, but then your battery will run out very quickly. Generally speaking, you want to be plugged in while playing.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome to the forum :)

Are these the specs?
The lag is probably just really low framerates.

1) Make sure you are plugged in while gaming
2) Make sure DLSS in the graphics settings is on
3) Make sure everything related to ray tracing is off

If none of that works:

4) Change graphics settings to "Low" to see if it makes any difference.

Report back here.

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
Specs;
  • AMD Ryzen 5 CPU - 5600H
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
  • 16 Gb RAM
  • Full HD screen up to 1080p
Tell me if you need more info.

I am not always plugged in when playing, I will try to be from now on.

Also, I never changed the graphic card settings, they are default.

I am not always plugged in when playing, I will try to be from now on.
That's what it sounded like to me as a long-time laptop gamer. If you want to play unplugged, you need to go to your Advanced Power Settings and adjust the power to your CPU when unplugged. Usually this is set to 50 percent or less. You don't have to move it to 100 percent, but try stepping it upward 10 percent at a time until you are happy with performance. The higher you go, the more of your battery it's going to eat up, so try to keep it as low as you can while still getting the performance you want. Hopefully you can find a setting that works and still has decent battery life, but usually that doesn't happen, and you need to stay plugged in while playing.

Specs are good, so this should fix your problem. Let us know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts