Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
What mods are actually beneficial to the game? I have seen so many variations in how the game looks its almost like looking at 6 different games at one time with the same name.

And as so many of these mods have file sizes as large as the game itself, seriously, 3 gb to get better cloak physics? whats truly essential to make a better more immersive experience

Reactions: Huda Alfazri

Zloth

Community Contributor
Pretty much all of them are beneficial - or at least were at one point. That's why somebody worked on the mod and put it out there. What you'll find worth installing is a completely personal decision, though.

The most essential one I know of (and my knowledge is mighty out of date at this point) is the unofficial patch.

Modding is completely subjective. What's beneficial to one player, may not be to another. There are thousands of mods, for either Skyrim or Skyrim SE. You've probably played the game in it's "vanilla" state, so you need to look at that experience and decide what you want to change or improve upon.

You can't just install a bunch of mods and expect your game to run. Mod's often have dependencies on other mods or SKSE64 the script extender, they also may have conflicts with other mods, some require patches for compatability. You can improve just about anything from weather, water, foliage, lighting, companions, AI, ect.

I'd have to agree with Zloth, that the Unofficial Patch, also know as USSEP is essential for fixing hundreds of bugs in the base game. I'd also say that SkyUI is essential, as it gives a better UI and a better inventory. It does require SKSE64 to use.

Reactions: Huda Alfazri
Granted, these mods im going to list are HUGE, but they take an old game and make it practically new. PCG wrote an article about a particular program called wabbajack that pretty much takes a bunch of the mods, puts them together in neat packages that you download and use the game. Granted its like installing a new game, but these packages are great, some completely overhaul the game and some just add special little graphical affects or new side quests.

I think, personally these packages are great, heres the link to the program: https://www.wabbajack.org/#/

Heres a link to the PCG article talking about this so you can get a more in depth read on it. (these mod packages still work btw)

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
found something called Beyond Skyrim that is recreating the entire WORLD inside the skyrim game. Looks beautiful, i think that mod is going to keep any bethesda work on another elder scrolls game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS