Severe Audio Crackling/Popping on new PC Build

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Just built a new PC and have some issues with audio when gaming/under high loads.

Build:
- Ryzen 5 7600
- ASRock B650M Pro RS Wifi
- Radeon RX7800xt
- Corsair Vengeance DDR5 (2x16gb) at 6000mhz
- Corsair rm750e PS
- Windows 11

Issue: Sometimes when gaming the audio will begin to pop/crackle. It starts off very minor at first, but then after a few minutes gets so severe that it's essentially unplayable. There's even been one or two instances where it's accompanied by heavy FPS drop and Wifi disconnects. Typically, if the audio starts to act up, one or two computer restarts will solve the issue for a few hours. The problem seems to occur when playing a newly installed game or playing a new map/area of the game. I've had this issue playing Starfield, Sea of Thieves, and Forza Motorsport. After a few hours of playing Starfield and Sea of Thieves, I almost never get this issue anymore but it's very persistent with Forza Motorsport.

Troubleshooting: I've spent hours trying to solve this. Began with updating/reinstalling every driver imaginable. I've also tweaked every windows setting related to audio. The issue happens on my wireless bluetooth headset, wired headset, and built-in monitor speakers so I know it's not a headset issue. I originally installed an rx6750xt and the issue happened with that card as well. I tried resetting my RAM speed back to the default 4800mhz and the issue still persisted. I reached out to ASRock (MB) and they suggested a full replacement of the MB. Before I go through all of that, is there anything I might be missing or should try? Everything else runs perfectly and would prefer not to swap out MB if it's something I can change in software.

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm totally NOT knowledgeable about this, but a drive-by thought for what it's worth:

Looks like audio comes from Realtek chip on mobo. So borrow a cheap soundcard somewhere and see how that goes.

Someone knowledgeable should be along soon. However, you'll get a bigger knowledgeable viewership if you post on Tom's Hardware:

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

I'm totally NOT knowledgeable about this, but a drive-by thought for what it's worth:

Looks like audio comes from Realtek chip on mobo. So borrow a cheap soundcard somewhere and see how that goes.

Someone knowledgeable should be along soon. However, you'll get a bigger knowledgeable viewership if you post on Tom's Hardware:
I'll try over there, thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts