Second Monitor

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
Hello!

My old second monitor has unfortunately stopped working and therefore needs to be replaced.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970
Main Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28' 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 1ms (60 hz)

I have noticed in the past when my main monitor was plugged in where the second monitor is supposed to be (back of graphics card?) games would run a little sluggish.
However, second monitor will mainly be used for Microsoft Office / Web browsing / Youtube, so I assume this shouldn't cause any issues?

Would you recommend getting the same monitor as the main one for my second monitor? Or would it be better to get a non 4K monitor?
Personally the second monitor does not need to be 28', but I have been reading that it is often recommended to run two of the same monitors.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: MaddMann
Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
That card is not powerful enough to run games at 4k. It was designed for 1440p at most. There are a lot of fantastic options for 1440p.

I see. Well the card may be upgraded in the future, but regardless I don't think that the second monitor needs to be a 4K even if it can be ran in the future. Any suggestions at all for perhaps a slightly smaller 1440p second monitor?

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Any suggestions at all for perhaps a slightly smaller 1440p second monitor?

I have had really good luck with the Acer Predator brand, but they area bit pricey. While I have not personally ever owned an MSI monitor, they have fantastic reviews, they aren't horribly priced either. For the size you are looking for, they are around $400. I suggest taking a look through the reviews posted by PCG themselves, they test them and so far I have agreed with their ratings. Right now their number 2 monitor is exactly the kind you are looking for

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
I have had really good luck with the Acer Predator brand, but they area bit pricey. While I have not personally ever owned an MSI monitor, they have fantastic reviews, they aren't horribly priced either. For the size you are looking for, they are around $400. I suggest taking a look through the reviews posted by PCG themselves, they test them and so far I have agreed with their ratings. Right now their number 2 monitor is exactly the kind you are looking for

Will take a look into these, thanks again!