Question Screen Wobbling

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi dear friends, I built my new pc a week ago. the components are as follows:

Mb: Gigabyte Z690 Aorus ELite DDR4
CPU: i5-13600KF
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
VGA: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti OC 8Gb (3fans) - (9 months ago)
RAM: Hyper Fury X 2x16 Gb 3200 (32 Gb Total)
PSU: Silverstone 850 Watt 80 Gold
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A 144Hz 27 inch 2K
SSD Samsung Evo 870 500 Gb (2 years)

I have a problem with my display and gaming experience, durinfg watching videos or movies on youtube or from my SSD the screen looks like it is vibrating or shaking (wobbling), specially during intesive motion scenece and moving camera
The same happens during video gaming and the problem is clear when I change the direction every detail starts to shake.

I tested my GPU using Unigine Heaven and it was outstandng (Max temp = 65, Avg. FPS = 148 Ultra 1920x1080)
I tested my CPU using FUrMark and it excellent (Max overload temp = 75, multicore)

My usual temperature during gaming are 64 & 55 for my GPU and CPU respectively.

Can anyone help me please ?!​

Welcome to the forum :)

Did you buy the monitor new?
How old is it?
Has it been like this since you started using it?

Is the monitor set to the recommended resolution and frequency?

What kind of connections are at both ends—ie monitor end, GPU end… HDMI, DVI, DP?
Is it connected to the GPU rather than into the motherboard?
Have you tried with a different cable?

Can you attach the monitor to a different PC and see how it performs—that will narrow down the culprit.

Are GPU drivers up-to-date?

I'm no expert, but it sounds like a faulty monitor to me. One of our experts should be along soon with better comments—good luck :)

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

Did you buy the monitor new?
How old is it?
Has it been like this since you started using it?

Is the monitor set to the recommended resolution and frequency?

What kind of connections are at both ends—ie monitor end, GPU end… HDMI, DVI, DP?
Is it connected to the GPU rather than into the motherboard?
Have you tried with a different cable?

Can you attach the monitor to a different PC and see how it performs—that will narrow down the culprit.

Are GPU drivers up-to-date?

I'm no expert, but it sounds like a faulty monitor to me. One of our experts should be along soon with better comments—good luck :)
Thank you Brian for your reply.
I had this problem with my old screen so I bought this brand new Asus monitor
The same problem still exists with the new monitor
When I started using the monitor I had an HDMI cable so I thought I should switch to DP but it did not change anything ratther than the refresh rate which jumped to 144 Hz instead of 60 Hz. Maybe I should buy a better DP cable.
I connected the cable to the GPU directly
The monitor is set know to its recommended resolution and frequence (2560 x 1444 , 144 Hz)
My display drivers are upto date.

I will try a new cable and will attach my monitor to another PC to check.

Thanks again dear friend ;);)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
Well let me tell you the whole story. I had an old PC so I started to feel that old my GPU was dying so I bought RTX 3060 Ti.
The game ran very good however, some glitches started to happen and the problem of vibrating and shaking appeared too. A lot of friends told me to upgrade my whole rig specially my PSU and of course my monitor.

So what happened is that I bought everything new, Monitor, PSU, Mb, CPU and RAM.

The games run very good and the monitor reaches 144 FPS for most of the games using 1920 x 1080
However the same problem of shaking still exists.

Do u think my VGA maybe the problem ?!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts