Scary Interactive Games

SWard

Supergirl
Staff member
Hey folks,

It's the seaaason of the witch!

I'm looking for recommendations for scary interactive games - things like jackbox for more social scary hangouts (don't mind which platform).

I know VR tends to dominate this category now, because the immersion can be so intense but I'm wondering if there's anything that really duplicates how amazing the Atmosphere boardgame felt in the 90's. It was interactive, you'd put the VHS in and play the boardgame along with your friends and it was terrifying because you could make each other scared!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hHS0cY_5Jo

Let me know if you know of anything that measures up ;)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA 👻

SpookySG

I don't really know of anything, but this reminded me that when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's we had a boardgame about a pharaoh's tomb, and in the middle of the board was a raised sarcophagus. There was a little button on it, and when you pressed it, the mummy inside would talk. I know he had different things to say, but I don't remember what, exactly. Probably something terrifying like "go back 4 spaces!" in a spooky voice. Talking boardgames for kids seem to go through a bit of a fad for awhile.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS