Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Martyr

Registered Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
[Mod edit: OP, please message a moderator if you need this thread reopened.]

Hello everyone!

We are Red Martyr Entertainment, a small studio based in Croatia. We are here to introduce you to our game in development and give you a snippet of its world, characters, and atmosphere with some screenshots. If you want to see the trailer, head to Youtube!

Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask is a free demo that lets you play the beginning of the full game Saint Kotar. It’s a psychological horror game with a modern twist on a classically inspired point and click adventure gameplay.

The story follows the mysterious events that precede a macabre series of murders, allegedly related to devil worship and witchcraft. You play with two characters, Benedek Dohnany and Nikolay Kalyakin, to unravel a captivating and branching story set in the small rural town of Sveti Kotar. Your actions and words are everything, as they affect the storylines you experience and the characters you meet in this dark place tormented by agony and sorrow.

At the moment the demo doesn’t have a release date but the development is coming to a conclusion and the launch day will be announced soon. It will coincide with the launch of our Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to develop the full game.

The demo is available to be wishlisted on Steam, so you don’t miss out when the day comes: Steam store page

We look forward to your feedback, so please tell us what you think, we are more than happy to hear your thoughts and reply to any questions you may have! :)
k6vZRPD.jpgbYsa14q.jpgTNwGSaR.jpg7e73CZx.jpgqpXaFi7.jpgScreenshot (85).jpgqcG0WiO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This has had a Steam page for the loooooongest time. I had it wishlisted the day it came across my discovery queue. I dewishlisted it because it just sat there forever.

While I am still interested in the game I really wish Steam wouldn't let a game's store page sit in limbo for so long. I wishlist games so I don't forget they exist, but more than half my games wishlisted have been "coming soon" for way longer than any definition of "soon".

Red_Martyr

Registered Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
This has had a Steam page for the loooooongest time. I had it wishlisted the day it came across my discovery queue. I dewishlisted it because it just sat there forever.

While I am still interested in the game I really wish Steam wouldn't let a game's store page sit in limbo for so long. I wishlist games so I don't forget they exist, but more than half my games wishlisted have been "coming soon" for way longer than any definition of "soon".

Hi, we completely understand, it really has been long since the last update - you might be interested in reading about why it has taken us so long to update as we explained everything in a news post a few weeks back. While we understand a lot of the games have been "coming soon", this time we mean it - coming soon really means coming soon. The demo is on its way to completion, and when we commit to a certain date (when we are sure we will be able to deliver without delay) we will let everyone know!

Red_Martyr

Registered Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask has entered the alpha stage! Right now we are conducting internal playtests that allow us to hunt and exterminate pesky bugs, as well as further refine all the aspects of the game.

Our initial plan was to release in April and we were on the right track to accomplish that; however, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) changed everything. Our entire country and region have been hit pretty hard – everything is closed and strict measures regarding work and movement have been placed in order to slow down the spreading of the virus. f that wasn’t enough, an earthquake hit Zagreb – the damage was quite severe, and the sound studio where our game sounds are made is now inaccessible, given that it’s located in an evacuated building; that means we must find an alternative location.

Unfortunately, as a consequence, our work has slowed down and some of the things that still need to be done are currently on hold. Because of the possible further prolongation of the measures and the uncertainty we’ve decided to go with a safer goal: release the prologue in May, with the exact date to be announced by the end of April – when, hopefully, things will settle down.

Closed beta testing, exclusively for our newsletter subscribers and Discord members will start in a few weeks. If you want to get a chance to playtest Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask, simply join our Discord server or subscribe to our newsletter. If you get chosen to be a part of the beta your name will be listed in the credits!

Has anyone participated in beta playtesting point & click adventure games? If yes, can you share your experiences with us? We'd love to hear from you!

Red_Martyr

Registered Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

our Kickstarter pre-launch page is now active! The Kickstarter campaign will be launched in May, with the exact date to be announced in a few weeks. However, you can already visit the pre-launch page for the Saint Kotar campaign. This way you have an option to get a notification (and an email right in your inbox) the moment our project launches; just log in to your Kickstarter account (or sign up if you haven’t already), and click "Notify me on launch"!

If you are interested to read more, check out our latest news post.

That’s it for now, hit that Notify me button, spread the word about the campaign and enjoy your weekend! :)

Reactions: TheLoneSoldier
Status
Not open for further replies.