RTX 3060 Gaming or RTX 4060 GPU?

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

I am about to build my very first PC, for gaming and programming...

There are two GPUs im thinking about purchasing: GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming e a RTX 4060. From my research, usually the ones with the "Gaming" word perform better than the normal ones... but to which point is this true?
I know some scenarios may be different, but in General, which one is worth it?

I am seeing some 4060 cheaper than 3060 Gaming ones..

In another words:
Imagine both were the same price, would you buy the "RTX 3060 GAMING OC" or "RTX 4060 OC?

Regards,
Junior

Last edited:

average-fps-1920-1080.png

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site

average-fps-1920-1080.png
Thanks,
but the question was more about the wording "Gaming" of the GPU.... its best to get the older, but still GAMING, version, or the current basic version?

I see where that could be confusing. An Nvidia RTX 3060 is an RTX 3060, and an RTX 4060 is an RTX 4060.

The model names 'Gigabyte Gaming X' 'MSI Mech' or whatever denote which variety of heatsink and fans is on the card and the company that makes them, theres little to no difference in gaming performance between models anymore. Some are quieter or cool a bit better than others, or have RGB lighting. Thats the difference these days.

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
I see where that could be confusing. An Nvidia RTX 3060 is an RTX 3060, and an RTX 4060 is an RTX 4060.

The model names 'Gigabyte Gaming X' 'MSI Mech' or whatever denote which variety of heatsink and fans is on the card and the company that makes them, theres little to no difference in gaming performance between models anymore. Some are quieter or cool a bit better than others, or have RGB lighting. Thats the difference these days.
Sweet! thank you!!!!

It's confusing, but all rtx 3060 and 4060 versions perform about the same as reference (nvidia made) models, no matter how many times the manufacturer includes the word "gaming" on the box.
same goes for any other card. the differences are usually margin of error stuff. You'll only see differences in air vs liquid cooled, and even those aren't that big, as it's still down to silicon lottery (meaning pure luck, some chips clock better, some worse). A friend of mine bought a MSI Gaming Z rx6800, the highest model of 6800 there is, and still couldn't go past 2350mhz, while mine (basic powercolor fighter) did 2540mhz, and was only stopped by the card's (well, actually the gpu's as Radeons report TGP not TDP) 235w power limit from going higher.

TRENDING THREADS