Question RPG game series

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I am looking for some game such as witcher, but as a series. Life is Strange is great example of game series. Do you know some? If you don't, please let me know if you want to play some sort of this game too. I want to make something like this in unreal :)

P.S. Sorry, but my english isn't on great level :)

Zloth

Community Contributor
There's so many!

Mass Effect is a great series but I think they are close to releasing some sort of high-definition or 'complete' version. Might want to wait for the end of the year to see what the story is on that one.

The Dragon Age series, made by the same folks, is also really good - particularly the first game. The second wasn't as good but wasn't terrible, The third was quite good, in my opinion.

Or, if you want something older, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are excellent. If you don't want quite that old, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 are excellent.

Or something with more fighting that isn't quite as RPG'ish: the Yakuza series. Yakuza 0 is great. Yakuza 1... isn't great, but it isn't too bad. I haven't played 2 yet.

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
There's so many!

Mass Effect is a great series but I think they are close to releasing some sort of high-definition or 'complete' version. Might want to wait for the end of the year to see what the story is on that one.

The Dragon Age series, made by the same folks, is also really good - particularly the first game. The second wasn't as good but wasn't terrible, The third was quite good, in my opinion.

Or, if you want something older, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are excellent. If you don't want quite that old, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 are excellent.

Or something with more fighting that isn't quite as RPG'ish: the Yakuza series. Yakuza 0 is great. Yakuza 1... isn't great, but it isn't too bad. I haven't played 2 yet.
Ouu yes :) I never played some of them, so I"ll take a look on it. You' re great, thanks.

But, I really want to make some game. So, do you think, that I can be succesfull with this gengre, or do I have to choose another?

Reactions: Frindis
Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
What is your experience in making games?
It's little bit hard to say. I was making racing game in Blender Game Engine. I know, it uses a Python scripts, so it is not "professional". But I was eleven. After some years, I started to program my own game engine, because BGE didn't fit my needs. I was programming it for two years ( I started with Opengl + C++ and then I switched to Vulkan, but I neved finished it ). I really liked this time but I wasn't making a game but GE. I switched to unreal. I made some prototypes and all the stuff. Then I started to lead small team of my classmates and we started make games. But, here's the problem. We never released game. It is becacause I was 16 and I didn't know how to do it. Now, we are all 18 and we want to choose the right genre to be successful. I think this is good for us but I don't want to let it only on me. That's why I came here :)

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
Witcher and Life is Strange are so vastly different Genres comparing them is just not viable.
Okay, I think that I explained it a little bit wrong. Just imagine witcher but with divided into small one or two hour long episodes just to keep it exciting. Smaller episodes are easier and faster to make but I don't know how would be the interest about this type of game.

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
Games like The Walking Dead rely mostly on storytelling and graphics. Are you or your classmates good writers and/or artists?
I don't think that art will be problem. But story can be. We actually have basic ideas and plots and we wrote some scripts. The problem is with translation into English. I don't think that translation would be as good as native speaker's English.

I don't think that art will be problem. But story can be. We actually have basic ideas and plots and we wrote some scripts. The problem is with translation into English. I don't think that translation would be as good as native speaker's English.
It's probably a good idea to write the story in your native language first and then translate it. Either yourself or by paying a professional, if necessary.

I think you should just make a game that you would enjoy making that would push you a bit but not make you quit, and forget about being successful.

That way you are more likely to finish the game and make more games and hit the success later on.

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
I think you should just make a game that you would enjoy making that would push you a bit but not make you quit, and forget about being successful.

That way you are more likely to finish the game and make more games and hit the success later on.

Finally, I found out that you have a truth. We weren’t able to finish the game, so we have to postponed it indefinitely. It was really bad idea to start with such a big game. After all, I decided to try to make something simple and small as you advised and I finally released it on itch.io. If you are interested, you can check it out on this link: https://lazy-cholerics.itch.io/acid-flood

TRENDING THREADS