Question Riders Republic hangs after 20 seconds

Oct 12, 2022
Visit site
Hello!

I try to find a solution to playing Riders Republic for my son. I posted a video on YT. It always crash at the same time when I enter the "playing" session and also into a Zen session (where I can move for some seconds, then games hangs).

GPU drivers are up-to-date as of October 10th. Windows 10 is up-to-date.

System
i7-2600 (stock from Dell XPS 8300 ~2011)
12GB RAM (stock from Dell XPS 8300 ~ 2011)
GTX 1060 3GB (bought used in 2021, working on other title such as Forza Horizon 5)
Crucial 256GB SSD (where the game is installed)
PSU : EVGA 700 BR 100-BR-0700-K1 700 W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Non-Modular Power Supply (1 year old)

Everything is enclosed in a Dell XPS 8300 Desktop case (stock motherboard).

Normal play, where games hangs in the intro :
View: https://youtu.be/ubxRiCFLy04

Zen mode where game stops after ~20 seconds :
View: https://youtu.be/X01SybL1J5g

Tried all the mentioned tips here :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhGgUv9_EvE

no luck so far, thanks for any help and ideas! :)

I was thinking that perhaps there is a bottleneck with my SSD. Any idea or tools that would help me debug?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 12, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU powering the entire build. Please include the age of the unit as well.

Thanks!

Updated 1st post accordingly.

Edit to 1st post :
PSU : EVGA 700 BR 100-BR-0700-K1 700 W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Non-Modular Power Supply
Everything is enclosed in a Dell XPS 8300 Desktop case (stock motherboard).

Reactions: Brian Boru
Have you tried playing other games to see if it happens in other games, too? If it's only happening in that game, it seems like it's a bug in the game. But if it's happening in other games, too, you might try running something like Open Hardware Monitor to see if your CPU or GPU is overheating while you're playing the game. Usually something like that only happens when you're doing something hardware intensive, like a game, and you wouldn't notice it just running Windows and a web browser.

Oct 12, 2022
Visit site
Have you tried playing other games to see if it happens in other games, too? If it's only happening in that game, it seems like it's a bug in the game. But if it's happening in other games, too, you might try running something like Open Hardware Monitor to see if your CPU or GPU is overheating while you're playing the game. Usually something like that only happens when you're doing something hardware intensive, like a game, and you wouldn't notice it just running Windows and a web browser.

Yes, my son can play other intensive game, the most demanding would be Forza Horizon 5. He plays smoothly with medium to high settings at 1080p.

I tried re-installing the game, without luck.

Thanks for pointing that monitoring software. I'll give it a shot!

TRENDING THREADS