Riders Republic - confused about Year X Pass / Seasons?

Hello

I'm looking at getting Riders Republic on Steam - but I'm a little confused about the whole Seasons / Year X Pass etc stuff as I've never bought any of that kind of addon stuff before (just normal DLC).

I know this is an older game which only just came to steam now (though it's been on Epic for years) - yet I've seen video reviews which talk about Year 5/6 pass etc and yet I only see Year 1 for sale on Steam or anywhere on PC? I've also seen mention of a Year 2 pass?

Are they going to slowly drip feed PC users to buy that now old content?
Or is some of this only available on Console?

Or do you continue to get all the new Seasons' content each year just by owning the Year 1 pass on it's own - and you don't need to keep buying season passes (I thought that was how they worked - keep you forking out for em regularly)?

I don't understand...

Do you normally buy them in-game somehow or direct from Ubisoft (cause I can't find it there)?

BTW - I'm mainly interested in actual game content whether it be new levels/events and maybe to a lesser extent different vehicles or related things for this game (other than cosmetics).

Any advice on buying Year X Pass / Seasons for other games in general would be appreciated too.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Hello

I'm looking at getting Riders Republic on Steam - but I'm a little confused about the whole Seasons / Year X Pass etc stuff as I've never bought any of that kind of addon stuff before (just normal DLC).

I know this is an older game which only just came to steam now (though it's been on Epic for years) - yet I've seen video reviews which talk about Year 5/6 pass etc and yet I only see Year 1 for sale on Steam or anywhere on PC? I've also seen mention of a Year 2 pass?

Are they going to slowly drip feed PC users to buy that now old content?
Or is some of this only available on Console?

Or do you continue to get all the new Seasons' content each year just by owning the Year 1 pass on it's own - and you don't need to keep buying season passes (I thought that was how they worked - keep you forking out for em regularly)?

I don't understand...

Do you normally buy them in-game somehow or direct from Ubisoft (cause I can't find it there)?

BTW - I'm mainly interested in actual game content whether it be new levels/events and maybe to a lesser extent different vehicles or related things for this game (other than cosmetics).

Any advice on buying Year X Pass / Seasons for other games in general would be appreciated too.

Thanks for your help
I think that it's the "year one" pass because it just launched on Steam. The years are completely unrelated. There's no carry over. But people just introduced to the game may think they've missed something important if you advertise the pass as "year 3".

@Zloth
@ZedClampet

ok, so basically you guys both have different ideas about it just like the other conflicting opinions I've found online?
Weird system man.

@ZedClampet
Have you seen 'Year 1' pass systems like you suggested before where they really contain all the DLC updates from previous years even though it only says 'Year 1' ?

Still love to hear from some others - especially someone who's bought the DLC.

cheers

@Zloth
@ZedClampet

ok, so basically you guys both have different ideas about it just like the other conflicting opinions I've found online?
Weird system man.

@ZedClampet
Have you seen 'Year 1' pass systems like you suggested before where they really contain all the DLC updates from previous years even though it only says 'Year 1' ?

Still love to hear from some others - especially someone who's bought the DLC.

cheers
@Zloth and I are saying the same thing. This year 1 pass probably will give you access to this year's stuff. I have no idea what is in these annual passes.

Okay, my guess from looking at the video on Steam is that this annual pass unlocks all the "battle passes" for the year. A battle pass generally just includes a list of things to do, maybe some new events and some cosmetics. It sounds exactly like what Forza does except that Forza doesn't charge you for it.

I suspect the only thing you are missing out on from previous years are the cosmetics. I think if there were anything substantial included in these passes, like new maps, they'd also be sold separately as DLC.

Again, this is just based on my own experiences and from watching the annual pass video on Steam. Ubisoft is doing a terrible job of actually communicating what this is.

No you dont get all seasons. The only season and stuff that comes with the editions is for year 1. You will have to buy the subsequent years after that. If you cant find them, then you missed the content. The game is already in season 6. Usually youll lose stuff in those past seasons if you didnt play. Whatever they have available on the steam store or on their website is all that is available.

The game might have stuff that was from those seasons mixed in as some random drops but things like XP boosts and season specific items are probably gone for good.

If its a game you like and are interested in playing then buying a battle pass of some sorts is fine. You wont be missing too much if you dont though.

@DXCHASE

The game is already in season 6. Usually youll lose stuff in those past seasons if you didnt play

Do you mean if you didn't buy that season ? Surely you won't lose something that you did pay for?

The game might have stuff that was from those seasons mixed in as some random drops

So do they occasionally make previously paid stuff for free - just give it to everyone?

cheers

Reactions: Pifanjr
After to talking to other people who have owned it for a while on console and/or pc too... it sounds like you can only buy each season as a one off - from some in-game ubisoft store (which is apparently pretty damn expensive).

However, they sound like they think it might be at least a possibility that we might be able to buy a Year 2 Pass at some point... maybe?

Reactions: Pifanjr
@DXCHASE

Do you mean if you didn't buy that season ? Surely you won't lose something that you did pay for?

So do they occasionally make previously paid stuff for free - just give it to everyone?

cheers

Yes if you dont collect everything from a pass within that season there is a high chance you can lose it for good (usually currency, XP, materials etc.). This is how Destiny 2's pass work. You have to get to level 100 to collect everything in the pass, but if you dont do that before the season ends, you lose all the currency not collected and the chance to collect the armor ornaments, guns, etc. that the game usually has in its seasonal pass.

These could fall in random drops in later seasons (they do in destiny 2), but have a really low chance of doing that or you have to wait for it to come up in the in-game store to buy them.

TRENDING THREADS