Resizeable BAR

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
So, who of us is brave enough to flash the VBIOS on their brand new, still-in-warranty, 30-series GPUs? Or the motherboard on their brand new pre-builts? :eek:

For a 9.5% performance increase in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla I'm very tempted.

If anyone (or myself) is actually brave enough, share your results!

I am so furious with Asus right now that they are not enabling Re-Bar on Z390 motherboards. That is insane, those boards carry the ultra fast i9-9900K and all their competitors have enabled Re-Bar on Z390 chipsets.

My sweet EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra sits here updated and ready for that improved Re-Bar performance. My Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 is not ready, and Asus neglects it by not simply providing a Re-Bar enabled BIOS update.

I really didn't want to have to upgrade yet until DDR5 went mainstream, but my goodness I want that Re-Bar! All I know is that Asus is at the bottom of the list right now for future upgrades.

Oooh, looks like Asus has an update available for my Z390 (Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi) with a Re-Bar Beta BIOS release of Version 1901 - 2021/04/14 , glad to see they decided to finally roll these out.

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I saw similar results in other's benchmarks... some games like it, others not so much. Luckily I think it can be enabled/disabled once activated in the VBIOS.

Don't take my word for it though, I definitely am going to hold-off on any flashing of BIOS. I'm interested to see what benchmarks look like later this year.

TRENDING THREADS