Replace NZXT Cpu Cooler

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
My computer has a NZXT Kraken M22 single fan Cpu cooler. I have a brand new NZXT Kraken X53 twin fan Cpu cooler. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do the replacement.

In my case there exists the M22 on the left (connected to the cpu), and two other fans on the right.

The X53 would, presumably, replace the two fans on the the right and then connect to the cpu.

The M22 would get disconnected from the cpu first. But, the M22 hoses don't disconnect from the M22 fan. So, do I replace the M22 with one of the fans I've removed from the right? I presume I still need this "third" fan? I could leave the M22 fan where it remains, but it's hoses and cpu "cover" would just be dangling in the case.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome.

Sounds like you're a bit confused. The old cooler would be removed entirely, including the fan and the radiator the fan is attached to. Its all one unit (All In One cooler) so none of it needs to remain in the case. There will also be mounting screws/brackets that need to be removed/replaced with the newer versions around the CPU socket. Everything should be explained in the installation instructions for the new cooler clearly.

Do you know the exact make and model of your case? a 240mm (2x120) radiator does not always fit where there is space for 2x120mm fans.

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

There's only so much you can do with text that you need to use other forums of illustration to paint the picture you're seeing. In this case, adding an image of what you're looking at helps us and the community two fold. Please host your image(s) on Imgur or their ilk and then parse the URL for said image(s)/album here for us to see.

As a bonus, we'd benefit from learning your system specs so we know what you have to work with as well as any clearance issues.

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
Here are the specs on the computer.

NZXT H510i Build
  • NZXT H510i (Black - Red)
  • NZXT Kraken M22
  • MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
  • NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX™ 3070 - EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
  • Intel Core i9-10900K 10-Core 3.7GHz
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G5 Gold
  • Team T-FORCE Delta RGB 3200MHz 3200 MHz (max speed) 16GB (2 X 8 GB) More Info
  • Seagate Barracuda 510 (1.0 TB)
  • Standard
  • Windows 10 Home
It sounds like I should remove the M22 completely, then remove the twin fans. The X53 will go where the twin fans used to be. What happens to the space that the M22 was? Do I need a plain fan there?

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
I took the photos and thought I could just attach. I now see your comment about needing a URL for the photos. This is beyond my knowledge. I'll figure out some other way to get answers to my questions. Bye. You can close this thread.

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
I just did a web search to learn what this "Imgur" was. Rated 1.4 out of 5. Many comments similar to this one ...

The sad story of Imgur
Many years ago, this was a positive website sharing memes and interesting photos. It's degraded into an extremist left wing community where they openly encourage violence on people they despise and disagree with. I feel sorry for anyone who takes Imgur seriously. Don't let your kids go on this site.

No thank you. Won't be creating any account with them. Don't need this in my life!

You seem to have things completely upside down here. I have an account on that site and it's noting what that quote/URL seems to say. To add, you're not just bound to Imgur;
Please host your image(s) on Imgur or their ilk and then parse the URL for said image(s)/album here for us to see.
Perhaps you stopped reading after Imgur.

Considering you're asking for assistance, we're doing our best to make sure you come out of your "upgrade" in the right order. We've seen a lot of people ruin perfectly good hardware since they didn't know what to do or they screwed something in when they shouldn't have.

1.It sounds like I should remove the M22 completely, then remove the twin fans. The X53 will go where the twin fans used to be.

2.What happens to the space that the M22 was? Do I need a plain fan there?

Providing everything is as I have understood it from your first post..

1. Exactly
2. Yes it would help. Put one of the ones from the front there.

Re: Imgur. I've been hosting pics for this site here for about 2 years. Havent even looked at anything other than the page where I upload my own images.

what this "Imgur" was
It's an image hosting site mainly. My use of the site is the same as…
Havent even looked at anything other than the page where I upload my own images
…so I can't comment re any community experience.

For alternatives image hosts, see this list.

WOT rating:
Is imgur.com Safe?
Considered safe by WOT

4.6 (232 Reviews)

WOT, like TrustPilot, has had its share of controversies, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Sitejabber
Trustpilot 30 reviews
trustpilot.co.uk
"Trustpilot has a consumer rating of 1.33 stars … Trustpilot ranks 88th among Consumer Protection sites

Trustpilot Ratings On Other Platforms
Reviews.io 1.3

Be careful who you give credence to :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS