Question Rate my setup and give me suggestions?

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Could anybody rate my setup and give me some suggestions? I'm a first time builder and i'm looking for something $1000 or less. Primarily something that can run modded minecraft with shaders like SEUS.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($153.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Inland Professional 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($22.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($299.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower Case ($73.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($56.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Deepcool RF 120 (3 in 1) 56.5 CFM 120 mm Fans ($48.75 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G305 (Black) Wireless Optical Mouse ($45.00 @ Walmart)
Total: $1015.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-13 14:47 EDT-0400

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry you didn't get more replies on your other topic - so many topics so little time :(

The part list is set to private so we can't see it.

Best thing to do is at the top of the part list there is a button with BB - press it and copy the text/code into a forum post. It makes a forum-formatted version of the parts list, with links.

Cool :)

I think you're in the right sort of area here. I do think you can optimise it a bit though

CPU: The R5 2600 is barely any cheaper than the newer and faster R6 3600 - go with the 3600.

Mobo: That's fairly expensive for a B450 board. Why that one? What features do you need from your motherboard?

SSD: A larger (e.g. 240gb) and slightly better quality SSD will not cost much more and both perform better and be more convenient down the line

Case: Usually it's not worth buying a cheaper case and adding extra fans / replacing fans versus buying a better case that has those fans anyway. Consider the Phanteks P400A Digital - out of stock right now but usually around $100 these days

PSU: PSU pricing is all over the place right now, probably because of Covid-19 issues. This means that okay budget PSUs like the EVGA Bronze are not as cheap as they should be. You can often get something a bit better for little more cash. Eg Be Quiet Pure Power gold-rated units, or Seasonic GC/GM

GPU: Does Minecraft benefit from Nvidia GPUs versus AMD ones? Because if performance is quite similar, you can save ~$30-40 and go with the AMD RX 5600 XT instead. Very similar performance overall in gaming, but cheaper. I don't know whether Minecraft plays similarly on Nvidia and AMD cards, but worth checking.

An an example:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($39.92 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($319.99 @ Walmart)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case ($100.00)
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 500 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($76.04 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G305 (Black) Wireless Optical Mouse ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1035.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-14 06:49 EDT-0400

Some of the bits I picked aren't in stock right this minute, but you get the idea

Reactions: Inspireless Llama

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
One thing you could get Nvidea for right now is Raytracing, but if you want that, I'd strongly recommend waiting with the build for the new nvidea cards.
I read rumors somewhere (but can't remember where) that the RTX3060 will have the same raytracing power as the current 2080(ti).

Ah, the source was this very website :)

Tbh I'd dispute that you can realistically 'get' raytracing on an RTX 2060.

By the time raytracing and RTX features are mainstream, the RTX 2060 won't be able to handle them. Because it already can't. And as above, there's every indication that the next gen of GPUs will have beefed up hardware raytracing capabilities - because the current gen's are basically inadequate.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Hence why I strongly recommend waiting if he wants to get the RTX card because it has raytracing :)

Quite honestly, the games that I played that had raytracing, it did affect performance and I didn't really notice much of a difference. My MSI nightvision has a more noticable difference without performance drops.

Reactions: Oussebon
I would highly recommend getting a larger SSD. If you get SSD with 1TB or similar and HDD with 2-4 TB you should be good to go. HDD is pretty cheap and a nice way to store a lot of games/movies/software you do not need SSD for. If you don't want to use much money on SSD, then at least a larger HDD will be beneficial for you in the long run. At least that is my experience after buying a tiny, tiny SSD.

Reactions: Inspireless Llama

TRENDING THREADS