Random Game Thoughts Thread—December 04-December 10

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I tried some more games from the Google Play Pass and got hooked on One Deck Dungeon. It's a digital adaptation of a board game, a roguelite where you have to roll different coloured dice to resolve encounters. You pick up various skills along the way, mostly to help roll or gain more dice, so it becomes a bit of a puzzle to use all of your dice in an optimal way.

Zloth

Community Contributor
They call it a "reimagining", but it's really just an Nvidia RTX Remix remaster with RT effects that many say only work well with 4000 series DLSS 3 cards.
Depends on what you mean by 'works well.' It worked well enough on my 3080 to get near 60fps with DLSS 2 going. For Portal, that's plenty of frames - you're not making snap headshots in this game. Plenty of people will still decry the game as 'hopelessly unplayable' without at least 120fps, though.

Depends on what you mean by 'works well.' It worked well enough on my 3080 to get near 60fps with DLSS 2 going. For Portal, that's plenty of frames - you're not making snap headshots in this game. Plenty of people will still decry the game as 'hopelessly unplayable' without at least 120fps, though.
It depends on your system and what you're comparing it to. Some on Steam have said they can run RDR2 with RT better than Portal with RT.

Zloth

Community Contributor
It depends on your system and what you're comparing it to. Some on Steam have said they can run RDR2 with RT better than Portal with RT.
I don't think you can just compare RT to RT. There are a TON of settings involved that different games will implement differently. RT in Mechwarrior 5, for instance, barely does much at all despite having plenty of shiny things around to reflect.

I don't think you can just compare RT to RT. There are a TON of settings involved that different games will implement differently. RT in Mechwarrior 5, for instance, barely does much at all despite having plenty of shiny things around to reflect.
Yes, of course there's a lot of factors that can make RT implementation vary somewhat, but the point is, not many would expect a game built on an old engine like Source, would bog down anywhere near as much as a game like RDR2 with RT on. Portal is also just a vastly simpler game textures wise obviously.

TRENDING THREADS