RAM Mhz overclocking yes or nah? Watch my specs

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
I see know that my RAM is running on 1066 MHz DRAM frequency. And my uncore frequency is running at 4000Mhz is that right or is there something wrong, cause my games are sometings crashing out of no where? So i thought may be i should turn XMP on? But is it a right combination with my specs? specialy with my CPU?

SPECS:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700F @ 2.90GHz
GPU: MSI RTX 3070
RAM corsair: 32,0GB type DDR4 Dual
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (LGA1200)
Storage: 931GB Samsung SSD 980 1TB

If you've been messing with frequencies in BIOS its worth clearing the CMOS and starting again. Anything you messed with could be causing problems.

What is your RAM kit rated at? The basic spec for a 10700KF is 2933 which would have a data rate of 1466.

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
My command rate is 2T.

What do you mean by frequencies in the BIOS I used to have XMP enabled but then turned it off again I don't know why but would it be worth turning it on?

Some people say my CPU cant handle my RAM?

I haven't changed anything in my BIOS that would be the cause

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
In my taskmanager is my memory speed 2133MHz. And if i open programs like CPU-Z or Speccy then it showing that my DRAM frequency is runing at 1066 MHz.

XMP is now disabled. And all other settings are also on default.

Need some help ASAP sometimes are my games crashing like forza horizon5 , battlefield.. The heavy games are always crashing.

EDIT: Ok i enabled XMP now my speed is now 3600Mhz and my DRAM frequency 1800MHz is this normal?

Last edited:
In my taskmanager is my memory speed 2133MHz. And if i open programs like CPU-Z or Speccy then it showing that my DRAM frequency is runing at 1066 MHz.

XMP is now disabled. And all other settings are also on default.

Need some help ASAP sometimes are my games crashing like forza horizon5 , battlefield.. The heavy games are always crashing.

EDIT: Ok i enabled XMP now my speed is now 3600Mhz and my DRAM frequency 1800MHz is this normal?
DDR stands for Dual Data Rate, so the frequency is doubled to give the effective rate. Everything normal there.

3600 Shouldnt be a problem as far as I know for your processor, many people are running faster kits than that with no problem. It is always worth reverting everything to stock if youre having problems though, including XMP.

I know you said your settings are all default but have you cleared CMOS? Sometimes things can get stuck or there can be things that got changed by accident you didnt remember.

Do you have all latest drivers installed with a fresh installation, closed down all unnecessary programs while gaming, done virus scans or anything else before you started looking at hardware?