Quiz: Name that movie

Page 83 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Let's try this classic:

nFqKuSi.png

• Love
Reactions: Frindis
No to Deliverance. Another great film. I still just watch that duelling banjos scene sometimes. But it does feature some river travel on a different continent, and think Robert rather than Burt.

Yes I noticed that you tried to fool us with the chimp using a bone weapon. Did anyone ever figure out what that monolith was all about?

It also reminds me of SofW. You get some Orcs with poisoned exploding spears or fiery slicing axes, and then some with a bone.

Before I read your post it occurred to me "Is that someone pulling the baby out of the Nile?" I think it might be, and your comment sorta bolsters that. I'm not sure, but I think it was Moses who got dragged out of the Nile—so I'm gonna go with…

The Ten Commandments

…which I actually saw ~55 years ago at school :)

Before I read your post it occurred to me "Is that someone pulling the baby out of the Nile?" I think it might be, and your comment sorta bolsters that. I'm not sure, but I think it was Moses who got dragged out of the Nile—so I'm gonna go with…

The Ten Commandments

…which I actually saw ~55 years ago at school :)
The film has a lot of religious content. He's paying penancefor murdering his half brother. That's Robert De Niro.

(has everyone else given up on this game)

Did anyone ever figure out what that monolith was all about?
I do believe the monolith is a symbol of advancement or perhaps a warning for or from the future. Kind of fitting when you think of how much advancement has happened in deep learning in such a short amount of time and how much power a few organizations could end up with when they understand more about how to wield it. Either humanity is going in the right direction and we'll experience the advancement distributed fairly amongst us all or we'll follow history's footsteps and abuse the monolith's power for all the technology we can squeeze from it. There is also the chance of us becoming the monolith.

As for the movie, it looks like Max Cady held his breath and ended up on a stranded island. The title does elude me though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
I do believe the monolith is a symbol of advancement or perhaps a warning for or from the future. Kind of fitting when you think of how much advancement has happened in deep learning in such a short amount of time and how much power a few organizations could end up with when they understand more about how to wield it. Either humanity is going in the right direction and we'll experience the advancement distributed fairly amongst us all or we'll follow history's footsteps and abuse the monolith's power for all the technology we can squeeze from it. There is also the chance of us becoming the monolith.

As for the movie, it looks like Max Cady held his breath and ended up on a stranded island. The title does elude me though.
So like a sort of warning about technology, contrasting the bone as an early tool and how technology as a future tool could create a new hierarchy. I really have enjoyed all of Kubrick's films and he and Clarke were exploring the possibilities of AI, HAL, becoming conscious.

No to The Witness. And Cape Fear(another brilliant film) also partly set on a river.

I listen to a lot of music where they sample films, usually a short spoken part, but it's usually easy to reference it online. Not so easy with images.

Reactions: Frindis
The boobas mark the spot and it is actually a fun movie. A classic '90s movie that you have most likely watched if you were a teenager or young adult in the 90s and wanted something braindead and chill at the same time. It's the movie you watch consuming tons of cheeseburgers and diet coke while slowly dying on the couch in pure bliss.
lLnE7G1.jpg

Last edited:
Another great movie, but unfortunately not the right one. You do get an extra scorecard for the cheeseburger continuation though. Here is another screenshot and perhaps some of you will remember the guy on the left. The other guy might be a bit hard to connect with. Hurr, hurr.

kgTH3Yx.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts