Purchase Help?

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
I’m in the market for a gaming laptop and was looking for any information or a point in the right direction. I wanted to build a pc but due to me possibly deploying soon I need something mobile.. any help would be greatly appreciated

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Hey Swakyouu!

First off, thank you for your service. I know the pain of having to leave it all behind to go abroad, I deployed back in 2006 straight out of high school.

With that in mind, could you give us a little detail on the budget you are looking at and the kind of games you wish to play? I personally have been a fan of Republic of Gamers laptops (almost as much for their aesthetics as their power) though I currently am using an Alienware MX15 for my travels. It has a 2070 in it and runs cyberpunk 2077 like a dream, though it always has to have a cooling pad under it. Otherwise, something that is always good to look out for when shopping for the gaming laptop is how much power it uses. For example, you can get a system that uses 240w and has a 3080 in it, but it will be less powerful than a laptop that uses 300w and has a 3070.

Past there, the PC Gamer crew has put together and excellent article that I think can help you narrow some choices!

Reactions: Swankyouu
Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
Hey Swakyouu!

Past there, the PC Gamer crew has put together and excellent article that I think can help you narrow some choices!
Thank you, and I’m looking for something that is affordable around $1000-1600 I may be able to spend a tad more I just need something that will play games like rdr 2, cyber punk, gta, Warzone.
Thanks in advanced I really appreciate it!

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
I was looking at the
MSi Stealth -
15.6" 144 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7-11375H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB GDDR6 - 16 GB Memory - 512 GB NVMe SSD - Windows 10 Home - Gaming Laptop

The only thing steering me away is the core count in this laptop. I can always upgrade ram, and storage space.
Gigabyte A5
15.6" Full HD 240Hz Gaming Notebook Computer, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB, Windows 10 Home, Black
The gigabyte comes in a 3060 variant ( cheaper ) and a 3070 variant ( still cheap )
I've read reviews on the gigabyte laptops and peoples only frustration is the cover of the laptop is plastic.
However they made the screen one of the best for the price range along with the internals.

Every time I talk my self into buying one of the few i look at i see something else and I am like should I really buy this one? I wanted to build a rig but unfortunately due to the army I have to get something more mobile.

Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
Will a RTX 3060 work for cyberpunk? I am really trying to pull the trigger on a laptop.. Also heard the Razer 3060 isn't that bad either

I assume you mean running settings at max. If so, the RTX 2070 can do it but it isn't buttery smooth with ray tracing turned on. The RTX 3060 etc do a much better job of that.

TRENDING THREADS