problems with my stock amd heatsink, it stops while I play, i need help pls

Jun 18, 2024
Visit site
Hello, I recently built a PC for my friend, with all the new parts, everything is ok, but when playing roleplay the heatsink fan stops and starts when it wants, I don't know if it is a heatsink problem or something incorrectly configured, I need urgent help please

Use Task Manager -> Performance Tab to check your CPU load. It's possible that there is no audible noise from your heatsink fan due to low load. With Opera open with 10 tabs, Spotify running and playing The Planet Crafter I'm below 30% utilisation with an ancient Ryzen 1600X

Also try and check your CPU temperature using this guide, although modern CPU's can run fairly hot.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jun 18, 2024
Visit site
Hello, I recently built a PC for my friend, with all the new parts, everything is ok, but when playing roleplay the heatsink fan stops and starts when it wants, I don't know if it is a heatsink problem or something incorrectly configured, I need urgent help please
Don't worry, a wonky fan can be stressful! It's unlikely it's a major issue, but let's troubleshoot and get your friend's PC running smoothly. Here are a couple of possibilities:

1. **Temperature Settings:** The fan might be set to a custom fan curve in the BIOS. This means it only kicks in when the temperature reaches a certain point. Check the BIOS settings for fan control and see if you can adjust the fan curve to start spinning at a lower temperature.

2. **Faulty Fan or Connection:** There's a chance the fan itself might be malfunctioning or the connection might be loose. You can try dusting the fan (carefully with compressed air) and ensuring the cable is securely plugged into the motherboard's fan header.

Here's what you can do:

* **Check BIOS Settings:** Restart the PC and enter the BIOS (usually involves pressing F2, Delete, or another key during boot). Look for a section on "Fan Control" or "Hardware Monitoring." You might find a pre-set fan curve or options to adjust it manually.
* **Inspect the Fan:** Turn off the PC and unplug it. Open the case and locate the heatsink fan. Look for any dust buildup and use compressed air to gently clean it. Double-check that the fan cable is firmly plugged into the motherboard's fan header.

**If you're not comfortable tinkering with the BIOS settings or opening the PC case, it might be best to take it to a trusted technician.** They can diagnose the issue definitively and fix it safely.

In the meantime, advise your friend to keep an eye on the PC's temperature while gaming. You can find software like HWMonitor that displays CPU and system temperatures. If the temperature gets excessively high even with the fan acting up, it's best to stop using the PC until it's fixed to avoid overheating.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts