Question problems with my new rtx 3060 video card

Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
problems with my new rtx 3060 video card, CPU and GPU not performing well, does not use 60/70% of the GPU even with low FPS. ja updated my BIOS, Formatted windows, reinstalled the drivers

my configurations are:
rtx 3060 12gb oc gygabyte video card
processsador i5-11400f 2.6 - 4.4 ghz.
mainboard: H510-HVS R2.0.
RAM memory: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 1x16GB, DDR4 3200MHz C16 Modules.
Power source: Corsair RM Series RM850 850W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular.
ssd: Kingston A400 480 GB SSD Storage

Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
Hi there this information you asked me for.
how many to the games I play pubg, regardless of the quality always gets at 100-120 fps, escape from tarkov was the biggest disappointment, because using 30% of the GPU was from 50 to 60 fps, games as squad was at 80 fps on average[/QUOTE]

Usually when a game does not use all of the GPU it means that it has a CPU bottleneck. I realize thats a dirty word for some, but the truth is that there is always a 'bottleneck' on either CPU or GPU and sometimes its just normal.

You didnt mention your CPU temperatures, which would be one reason your CPU might be underperforming. It could be throttling thermally. That means slowing itself down to lower the power used if its getting too hot.

You also only have one stick of RAM which would make your CPU perform worse than if you had 2 sticks.

Its possible you could change the power limit on your BIOS from 65W to 125w to get more performance, if you had sufficient cooling. I dont have any first hand experience with that, but something for you to also consider if you wanted to reasearch more.

The other thing to consider is that the MMO's you mention use a lot of CPU power, more than single player games would mostly. So it can be you are just hitting a normal CPU limit for your system for the games you are playing. I've never played Tarkov but I've heard its pretty CPU demanding, so you may bever get to 100% GPU use even if everything else was perfect.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
Usually when a game does not use all of the GPU it means that it has a CPU bottleneck. I realize thats a dirty word for some, but the truth is that there is always a 'bottleneck' on either CPU or GPU and sometimes its just normal.

You didnt mention your CPU temperatures, which would be one reason your CPU might be underperforming. It could be throttling thermally. That means slowing itself down to lower the power used if its getting too hot.

You also only have one stick of RAM which would make your CPU perform worse than if you had 2 sticks.

Its possible you could change the power limit on your BIOS from 65W to 125w to get more performance, if you had sufficient cooling. I dont have any first hand experience with that, but something for you to also consider if you wanted to reasearch more.

The other thing to consider is that the MMO's you mention use a lot of CPU power, more than single player games would mostly. So it can be you are just hitting a normal CPU limit for your system for the games you are playing. I've never played Tarkov but I've heard its pretty CPU demanding, so you may bever get to 100% GPU use even if everything else was perfect.

hello, in relation to the CPU temperature, it rarely exceeds 60°c, and GPU also rarely exceeds 60°c.
I also think that because it only has 1 RAM slot, it may be causing problems, but do you believe that 1 memory slot could really take up to 50% of performance?
and I also thought about the possibility that the motherboard is limiting the performance in some way, but if I increase the power through the BIOS, is there a possibility of damaging any components?
and regarding optimization, it's strange that on my old video card (gtx1650) it ran for example Escape from tarkov 80-100 FPS depending on the map and with .
the new video card my CPU rarely gets to use 50/60%. and a strange thing I noticed today, was that overwatch 2 was the only game that was above 200 fps

Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
^ Agree a dual channel ram setup would grant a little more performance from the platform(and eventually gaming).

Out of curiosity,
Formatted windows
Where did you source the installer for your OS?

I have Windows 11 pro, it's a key linked to my Microsoft account, and always formatted by the option to format and then use Windows from the PC itself, I mean I don't use any pendrive, can this affect? it's like reusing windows

hello, in relation to the CPU temperature, it rarely exceeds 60°c, and GPU also rarely exceeds 60°c.
I also think that because it only has 1 RAM slot, it may be causing problems, but do you believe that 1 memory slot could really take up to 50% of performance?
and I also thought about the possibility that the motherboard is limiting the performance in some way, but if I increase the power through the BIOS, is there a possibility of damaging any components?
and regarding optimization, it's strange that on my old video card (gtx1650) it ran for example Escape from tarkov 80-100 FPS depending on the map and with .
the new video card my CPU rarely gets to use 50/60%. and a strange thing I noticed today, was that overwatch 2 was the only game that was above 200 fps

No dual channel RAM shouldnt have as much of an effect as you describe, but it would be better.

As long as temperatures are in check you shouldnt be in any danger of damaging components by raising the TDP limit. However you shouldn't do this unless you have a good aftermarket cooler though. The Intel boxed cooler is not very good.

CPU usage is hard to gauge by % because many games wont use all of the cores/threads, it can be ignored in most cases.

The fact that you were getting better performance before with a weaker card points to something else being the issue. Are your Nvidia drivers set to 'performance' rather than power saving for example.

I mean I don't use any pendrive
You might want to recreate a bootable USB installer for Windows 11 using Windows Media Creation Tools and then reinstall your OS, see if that helps your case out.

Power source: Corsair RM Series RM850 850W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular.
How old is the PSU in your build?

TRENDING THREADS