Problem with newly built PC

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
I recently build a PC and it just doesn't work. As far as I'm aware, all the correct cables are in their correct places. The lights on the motherboard are lit, which makes me believe it is receiving power. However, none of the fans are spinning, including those on the GPU and CPU Cooler. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? The build is linked except I'm using an S3 instead of an S5 Case. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RQL3Kp. Here's a picture as well https://imgur.com/a/AYFJUlU

This might be a dumb question but have you turned the power switch to the power supply to the on position.

The lights on most motherboards now pulse even when power is off , this indicates that you have a pc that can charge phones and tablets even when the pc is off

Reactions: Brian Boru
Anything in this from PCPP?

Compatibility: Warning! These parts have potential issues or incompatibilities. See details below.

Potential Issues / Incompatibilities​

• A
    Warning: The Asus Strix B550-XE Gaming WiFi ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor with BIOS version 1212. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.
  • B
    Note: The video card PCIe 12-pin power connector adapter is being supplied by two 6+2-pin power connectors. Please ensure that the 6+2-pin power connectors are not daisy-chained and do not share the same power cable.

Reactions: Alm
Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
Anything in this from PCPP?

Compatibility: Warning! These parts have potential issues or incompatibilities. See details below.

Potential Issues / Incompatibilities​

• A
    Warning: The Asus Strix B550-XE Gaming WiFi ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor with BIOS version 1212. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.
  • B
    Note: The video card PCIe 12-pin power connector adapter is being supplied by two 6+2-pin power connectors. Please ensure that the 6+2-pin power connectors are not daisy-chained and do not share the same power cable.
I've already updated the BIOS to version 1212 and the GPU power cables are separate. It's still not working.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts