Question Problem with booting

Apr 11, 2022
Visit site
Hello people, I'm new here thanks for having me, but I must immediately jump on point.

2 days ago I have built my new PC. When I turned it on immediately it came upon a problem, mb is showing error code D6, and after a second or two 1 long and 3 short beeps. So I looked it up in the manual and on the Internet and it says that the problem is with RAM memory. So I decided to try to boot with one stick of ram, managed to get to bios and after that I installed windows 10. After that I powered down PC and inserted rest 3 sticks of ram, which had same result as before D6 error code and 1 long 3 short beeps. So I decided to try boot it again with one stick of ram, same problem. Turned it off waited few minutes and managed to boot it again, so I started software updates thinking maybe the problem is that software needs to be updated, did that restarted PC and it was now working with 1 stick of ram. So next thing I did inserting one more stick of ram, one was in slot A2 and the other in slot B2, I was also looking to pair them as they came together in boxes. So it worked with 2 sticks of ram everything was good, so again powerd off PC inserted 4 sticks of ram again the same thing error code and beep. I tried resetting and updating bios and it finally booted with 4 sticks of ram. So today when I decided to turn my PC on again same problem as yesterday.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
Here are specs of my PC:
Ryzen 7 5800X
Asus Rog Strix X570E Gaming WiFi II
Zotac Gaming 3070Ti Amp Extreme Holo
Kingston M2 KC2500 2TB
NZXT Kraken X53
4x8GB Thermaltake Toughram 4400MHz RGB
Asus Rog Strix 750W
V710 Armom case 4rgb fans

Hi and welcome :)

TLDR send your RAM back, buy a 2x16GB kit of 3600/3800 C16 RAM that is listed on the motherboards QVL list and your problems will go away.

First thing I have to say is, Ryzen does not always easily work with memory rated at more than 3600/3800 without manual tuning.

Secondly, did you buy 2 separate RAM kits? they aren't guaranteed to work together even if they are the same brand and part number. You should buy a 4x8GB kit or better yet, a 2x16 kit. Its much harder to get 4 dimms to work together than two.

Third, you should have bought a kit that is listed on your motherboards QVL list. Not all kits are guaranteed to work, especially with Ryzen CPU's which can be fussy. Having said that even if the kit you bought is on the QVL, its incredibly unlikely youll get them to work at faster than 4000, if you even get that much.

Article to explain things if youre interested.

Remember to enable XMP/DOCP in the BIOS when you get the new RAM installed.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm

TRENDING THREADS