Possible answer to: "Looking for a game to play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I saw the "Looking for a game to play" thread, and got an idea. I've been a game mapper for 20+ years, and have a new Quake 1 multi-player map that could use a beta test. The maximum number of players would be 14. (I would need 2 slots.) I could set up the dedicated server, and all you guys would have to do is log on. The map is so large, that it wouldn't be any fun without at least 8 participants, minimum. I've made the map very bot compatible, so anything less than what is appropriate, I could fill in with bots. This map appears identical, to one I released about a week ago. That map has a free download link on youtube, and if you would like to see some details:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE_SVOJceU4
My hope is that I can also put up this new one for download as well. What I'm concerned about on this newer one is stability in multiplayer. It has one big advantage over the previous one, but in most mapping areas, everything has been pushed to the limits. In my youtube comments, I talk about Quake 1 game engine details. If this sounds good, I'm very flexible in the "how," "when," "game details" area. By the way, if you aren't familiar with Quake 1 terminology, you will probably get lost in the video :) Thanks!

Reactions: Domba
Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
For those who have downloaded my new map on youtube, there is a 12/8/20 revision now available. I fixed a couple of minor bugs. In addition, I added FTE and DirectQ game engine info, in the Read Me text file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS