PCG Article PlayStation's Spider-Man is coming to PC (PCG Article)

Two games, apparently. I don't follow Playstation stuff. But I know the Spider Man game was absolutely huge and that I've seen a lot of people asking for it, so this is big news.

Spider Man was my favorite as a kid. I had the #1 edition of the Peter Parker comic book, and also the first comic (also Spider Man) that featured Wolverine.

"Spider-Man Remastered is out on August 12, 2022."

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just a fan of any game being able to be played on any platform with anybody, but ill take just the ability to play on any platform first. Im glad to see Sony is coming around to this. I am patiently waiting for games Returnal and Ghost of Tsushima but Spiderman is def. a good start.

Now we just need Nintendo to stop being selfish and allow proper releases of all their great IPs on PC.

i hear that the 2 spiderman games weren't bad. So i'm all for them porting them to the PC. Of course, it all on depends on whether the port is any good and not some a disaster. Oh and they port bloodborne. Why that last one? Reasons.
So far as I know, all the ports have been very well done so far.
If Nintendo did that, no one would ever buy their consoles. The way it is now, Nintendo + PC definitely gives you the best cross section of gaming.
I used to think that wasn't true, but the Steam Deck is generally considered better than their console, so maybe.

Reactions: Pifanjr
If Nintendo did that, no one would ever buy their consoles. The way it is now, Nintendo + PC definitely gives you the best cross section of gaming.
While I see what you're saying, I really love the Switch and I would still own one even if I could get Nintendo games on PC. Handheld gaming fills a nice niche for me. I recognize that you could argue that the Steam Deck is better, but I actually like the console experience as a change of pace. I primarily game on PC, and it's honestly nice to just boot up a console where everything just works. The Steam Deck has a lot of compatibility problems and I have no desire to tweak when I just want to play a game in bed. The Steam Deck is simply not a proper console experience, and is really better described as a portable gaming PC.

Not yet, but I think they'll get it there eventually.
Yea, I think you're right. I'm pretty impressed with how they've handled support so far, and I think with enough refinement (maybe even a Deck 2?) it could be a pretty damn great experience. For people who don't mind tweaking I think it's already pretty great as it is, but that extra level of refinement to make it smoother and reduce compatibility problems could make it a formidable handheld for a wider audience.

They'd have to keep coming out with more crazy gimmicks for people to buy their consoles. I sure wouldn't complain about Zelda being on PC or Xbox, but it's never going to happen.
Nintendo is very, very Japanese and quite insular, and PC gaming isn't very popular there. Nintendo sells their games all over the world, but everything is designed for the Japanese market. If they were going to put their games elsewhere, they'd probably do mobile first.

Nintendo is very, very Japanese and quite insular, and PC gaming isn't very popular there. Nintendo sells their games all over the world, but everything is designed for the Japanese market. If they were going to put their games elsewhere, they'd probably do mobile first.
Which they already did a little bit with the Pokemon and Mario games. Seems like they're not really into doing that anymore, though.

TRENDING THREADS