May 27, 2020
Visit site
Sup guys,

I bought this low/mid tier gaming PC prebuild back in December 2016, and I feel like its getting kind of slow in some areas, so I think its time to upgrade some parts.

Current PC Specs:
Case: Vision Redline Black kabinet
Motherboard: MB1151 Asus B150M-A M2
CPU: Intel Core i5-6402P <3,4GHz Quad LGA1151
GPU: Nvidia Asus GTX1060 6GB DUAL (CH
RAM: DDR4-2133 16GB Kingston RAM
Storage: SSD Intel 600p 1TB M.2 NVMe + 1TB HDD
Power supply: PSU Corsair VS550 550W
(Things I've upgraded already: 8->16GB RAM and 250GB -> 1TB SSD)

My main focus with the PC is as high fps as possible in CSGO, sometimes while streaming on twitch or discord to friends.
How its performing atm:
In CSGO with my current build it runs around 150-250 fps, depending on map etc. If im streaming on discord its even less, sometimes dropping to below 150 fps.
My settings in CSGO are: 1920x1080 with every quality setting set to low ingame.
Also with my current setup I cant even play PUBG on every setting set to lowest without it lagging a bit.

What I want from my PC to perfom in certain areas:
I'd like to have 200 - 300 fps ingame in CSGO and it being stable around 200-250 never going below 200 fps.

So I would like to ask you guys in which order I should upgrade my PC, like which components to upgrade first and it would also be great if you had any suggestions.
My only preference is Intel CPU's, as Im only familiar with Intel CPU, even though I've read you can get more bang for your buck with Ryzen.

Thanks in advance :)

It depends on your budget.

For streaming, assuming you stream on the CPU, a Ryzen R5 3600 and B450 motherboard (or even some A320) would be the cheapest way of improving performance. Since it has 50% more cores / 200% more threads. Or even a 3700x as it has yet more cores and threads.

If you're looking to spend a bit (well, frankly a lot) more, an Intel i5 10600k motherboard could help with even higher framerates. But you'd want a Z490 mobo (expensive), a decent cooler (more cost), and if overclocking to get the most out of that part, a better PSU too.

You could use your current RAM with either, though faster RAM e.g. 3200MHz / 3600MHz could also help.

As a caveat, since I don't play CS:GO and since I've not got time to look it up, I can't promise keeping FPS always, always above 200 is a thing money can solve. But a CPU with more cores and threads from team red or team blue would likely be the answer to your experience being worse while streaming.

May 27, 2020
Visit site
It depends on your budget.

For streaming, assuming you stream on the CPU, a Ryzen R5 3600 and B450 motherboard (or even some A320) would be the cheapest way of improving performance. Since it has 50% more cores / 200% more threads. Or even a 3700x as it has yet more cores and threads.

If you're looking to spend a bit (well, frankly a lot) more, an Intel i5 10600k motherboard could help with even higher framerates. But you'd want a Z490 mobo (expensive), a decent cooler (more cost), and if overclocking to get the most out of that part, a better PSU too.

You could use your current RAM with either, though faster RAM e.g. 3200MHz / 3600MHz could also help.

As a caveat, since I don't play CS:GO and since I've not got time to look it up, I can't promise keeping FPS always, always above 200 is a thing money can solve. But a CPU with more cores and threads from team red or team blue would likely be the answer to your experience being worse while streaming.
Thanks! Im probably going for the first option, upgrading to Ryzen 5 3600 and B450 as the first things to upgrade!

Reactions: Oussebon