Sep 5, 2022
Visit site
i have a 600 dollar budget
Please help me pick parts

i mainly play war thunder and csgo
i need a pc that can play those 2 games in 1080p

Last edited:
Could you please look into this thread;
and add necessary information to this thread to help us tailor a build for you?
:)

Reactions: redmark_
You can't build a PC for $600 that will play anything smoothly, if you can even build one at all. You could afford a Steam Deck, but at this time you could only play War Thunder and CSGO of the games you have listed, although I read where LoL was probably playable on it. They are apparently working to get PUBG going on it. Not sure about Valorant, but I wouldn't doubt they probably have plans to make it work since the Deck is so popular.

However, what I'd do is look for a used PC instead of trying to build a new one.

Reactions: Brian Boru
You can't build a PC for $600 that will play anything smoothly, if you can even build one at all. You could afford a Steam Deck, but at this time you could only play War Thunder and CSGO of the games you have listed, although I read where LoL was probably playable on it. They are apparently working to get PUBG going on it. Not sure about Valorant, but I wouldn't doubt they probably have plans to make it work since the Deck is so popular.

However, what I'd do is look for a used PC instead of trying to build a new one.
yeah, if the guy goes with used he could get a better build, but if he goes for brand new, well. He'll have to lower the game settings to compromise.

Sorry to 'well, actually' fellas but you can do something for almost that price. It lacks storage capacity but that can be added in later, the 12100F is a solid gaming chip and a 1660 Super will do Esports games pretty well at 1080p.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-12100F 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($105.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($119.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($39.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($209.82 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX650M (2021) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $645.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-09-06 13:07 EDT-0400

Windows can be installed and used without being activated, and paid for down the road through the MS Store when you get tired of it bugging for it. I'd also throw in an extra couple of cheap intake fans to the case to keep things cool, but its obviously a bit tight budget wise.

If its a hard $600 limit then the GPU can be downgraded to a GTX 1650 Super, or a Radeon 5500XT. Just remember the 6500XT is a worse card than the 5500XT, for some reason. Dont forget to add a couple of decent 120mm fans when you get a little extra cash as it will help in the long run, but it should work ok as is for now as long as your ambient room temperatures arent too crazy.

PCPartPicker Part List

Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan ($7.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $7.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-09-06 13:22 EDT-0400

Sorry to 'well, actually' fellas but you can do something for almost that price. It lacks storage capacity but that can be added in later, the 12100F is a solid gaming chip and a 1660 Super will do Esports games pretty well at 1080p.
well, that's pretty impressive, looks like you got the nail on the head, and it's all about compromise.
and I learned a thing or 2, thanks. 😁

TRENDING THREADS