Question Pc restarted after few minutes gaming

Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
So i just came back from another town and ive been away for 1 months. After i came back i tried to turn on the pc, rgb turn on, case fan spinning but the cpu fan not turning on and pc no display.i have facing this issue quite some time, i have to reseated the RAM into another slot and try to turn on the pc again. Sometimes the pc turn on and mostly just no display untill i have to change the ram placement again until im lucky. After it turn on once usually there wont be error anymore. But now when its turned on and i play games the display just went black and my monitor bring no display warning but the sounds still there for a few seconds then pc restarted.

Then i try to find whats wrong from the internet and it seems my psu is faulty. Then i try to test it with OCCT, the power test. And 2 minute into the test the pc display turned off and no display but the pc still running until it restart again.

This is my gear :
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI RTX 3060 TI VENTUX 2 OC
Psu : Aerocool LUX RGB 650M
Ram : Kingstone Fury 2x8GB 3200 Mhz

My Question is:
1. Is my psu really faulty? How to check it?
2. If i have to change, suggest me the best psu but dont suggest the expensive one since im still in collage, thank you

Reactions: neogunhero
Don’t think the PSU is faulty since you still have power to the PC just no display. Not sure how reseating RAM works either. You should try reseating the GPU and all PSU connections to the motherboard. Maybe your GPU has a bad connection. Do you have any other video cables to try? Like a spare HDMI or DisplayPort cable?

Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
Don’t think the PSU is faulty since you still have power to the PC just no display. Not sure how reseating RAM works either. You should try reseating the GPU and all PSU connections to the motherboard. Maybe your GPU has a bad connection. Do you have any other video cables to try? Like a spare HDMI or DisplayPort cable?
I did this, and it works normal now. Thank you for replying

TRENDING THREADS