Question PC loosing Video Signal

Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi Everyone

So I'm kinda at my wits end.

My PC looses video signal ( the display goes black, sometimes thje screen just goes black once, other times it does it a few times in quick succession before completely going black, with the only resoution being to restart my pc) if i try to put any sort of load on the GPU, what ever was open that caused strain on my gpu also closes

does been happening with any game I play as well as when trying to test via Kombustor.

I have tried re-downloading my drivers and it hasn't resolved the problem,

I have also tried removing my GPU and just running my display from my CPU's display which seems to work.

is there anyway to determine what piece of hardware is going?

Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
It's about 5 years old,
I purchased both the gpu and psu at the same time as the 2060 announcement giving the 1080 a price drop.

I recently moved to a new city so I don't know to many PC gamers yet, for me to try and test the parts

they would need to run benchmarks on it to put some load on.

5 years is about when I would think about a new PSU, even if it has a 7 year warranty like that one. Its always possible its the power.

specs wouldn't put a massive load on PSU really.

in reliability history, are there any errors there? likely hardware errors as every unexpected restart is a hardware error in windows eyes. But i am more looking for any about GPU drivers crashing.
I have seen that happen before and cause wasn't my GPU, it was my mouse... random
dH3JIjH.jpg

USB devices are run by same chip on mb as GPU, so if a USB device is playing up, it can mess with GPU drivers. It took us a few months to work that one out.

would show in event viewer also but easier to find in Reliability history
du6jrui.jpg

I only worked it out after I got a store to test PC for 3 days and it ran fine entire time. I got it home and it happened right away. At that point I realised it was something I was plugging into PC. That has happened twice to me, once it was my speakers and that time it was my mouse. Both had been part of furniture. I didn't suspect them as they always worked before... things don't last forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi
I did go into the event viewer and I took a screen shot last night after some advice was given, I feel dumb for saying this but I'm not sure how to put the screenshot into the post,

if there are errors showing after a fresh install of the GPU drivers, can it mean my SSD is failing me?

I did go into the event viewer and I took a screen shot last night after some advice was given, I feel dumb for saying this but I'm not sure how to put the screenshot into the post,
You should be able to upload the images to a image sharing website like imgur and show links here.
Forums have some restrictions on new users but I think imgur links work.

What errors show after installing GPU drivers? Why would you think it was ssd?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 18, 2023
Visit site
i was having the same problem with my 8 years old pc, with a motherboard: Asus b85m-e
precessor: i7 4790k
2 RAM DRR3 Corsair Vengence 8gb
At first i thought the problem was on my Ram, because sometimes the pc was not wanting to start at all and after i removed one of the rams and the pc started to work, but just for a few days, i was wanting to build a new already and this went the trigger, i still use my ssd and hd on new pc as the graphic card, and solved all my problems.
i want to upgrade it more too.

TRENDING THREADS