Question PC keeps restarting by itself. HELP!

Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
Hey guys! I have a problem with my pc, it restart by itself just by turning the PC on and while playing games. It can run a for many hours without a problem then it restarts itself again. Been trying troubleshooting it but no chance of working it properly.

SPECS:
i3 6100
Asrock H110M-HDV
HyperX 4gb 2400 Mhz (2 sticks)
Asus GTX 1060 3GB
Seagate 1TB HDD
Deepcool DN400 400 watts PSU

Reactions: Luxxy
Welcome to the forum :)

My first thought is heat, or maybe a cable or connection not seated properly.
If you built yourself, how is the airflow inside the case?
Did you clean dust and grime from the grills & fans within the last year—or more recently if it sits on floor, especially carpet?

If dirt isn't it, switch off & open the case and disconnect & reseat all cables, and also the RAM.

Reactions: Luxxy and Adobo7
Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

My first thought is heat, or maybe a cable or connection not seated properly.
If you built yourself, how is the airflow inside the case?
Did you clean dust and grime from the grills & fans within the last year—or more recently if it sits on floor, especially carpet?

If dirt isn't it, switch off & open the case and disconnect & reseat all cables, and also the RAM.
[UPDATE] Now, if you turn it on, it turns off by itself and turns on again vice versa

Thanks for the feedback <3
My case hase a decent airflow through the front with a mesh, all cables and RAM are seated correctly.
Yeah just cleaned it after it started turning off by itself again.

Reactions: Luxxy
400W PSU seems pretty low
Yes, that would be my next thought, 400 is at the minimum borderline. Unless the PSU is top grade and you don't have any other extras with heavy draws on your system, 400 could be too low.

I've never heard of Deepcool, I wonder who makes their PSUs?

You could try disconnecting anything non-essential which draws power from the PSU—a second disk, RGB, headset etc—and see if that improves performance. If it does, that indicates the PSU is under pressure.

Reactions: Arda yoga and Luxxy
Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
Yes, that would be my next thought, 400 is at the minimum borderline. Unless the PSU is top grade and you don't have any other extras with heavy draws on your system, 400 could be too low.

I've never heard of Deepcool, I wonder who makes their PSUs?

You could try disconnecting anything non-essential which draws power from the PSU—a second disk, RGB, headset etc—and see if that improves performance. If it does, that indicates the PSU is under pressure.
Yeah mine was just $30 and it came with a case too so I guess it's not top grade, it doesn't even have 80+ rating as far as I know... It started when I changed all my 4 normal single led fans to 4 ARGB fans just to make my pc look cool then did a little bit of crypto mining (just to try if I can spare some cash when I'm not using it LOL) then after I stopped mining the issue began.

After that I changed all my 4 ARGB fans back to the normal single LED fans and the issue is still present.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
If you can, I would suggest getting your PC to the nearest PC repair shop - a decent one should be able to switch PSU and test it quickly and have a general idea if the PSU was the culprit within 15-30 minutes. Or borrow PSU from somebody for hour or two.

This way you can test this possibility without buying new unit blindly.

TRENDING THREADS