I've had my PC since 2019. Built it myself and aside from some BSOD issues at the very start, it was working fine from then on.

Recently that has changed. It's started to BSOD at least once every boot up before restarting and booting normally with no further issues.

It has also started to hard crash on me - complete with black screen and loud/fast fans - when doing tasks or playing games it had no issues doing or running before. For example: I tried to download a game that was quite large, and 20 minutes in it hard crashed. It has also done this when trying to transfer large files from a USB to the PC.

The games it crashes during aren't even demanding on the hardware, they're the most basic "this can run on a potato" games yet they cause the PC to hard crash.

My screen also randomly losses signal and I have to turn the PC off and on again to reconnect it.

I've tested the RAM and they both came back error free. I've updated the bios of my motherboard as well as the drivers of my graphics card (twice) yet I'm still having issues.

Has anyone had similar issues, and if so what were the causes and solutions?

Are cooling parts—fans, heatsinks, grills, meshes—dust-free?
Reseat all fan cables on mobo.

How much space is free on your system disk? Is it SSD?
If HDD, defrag it.

What's the make and model of the PSU?
Aside from a few small specks they should be dust free, but I'll give it a full clean first chance I get.

It's a Kingston SSD and there's still a good bit of free memory left (it's not in the red).

My PSU is a Corsair RM 750x, and I believe it's the 2018 model.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS