Question PC is slow, underperforming and generally not what i want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
Hello!

So i recently upgraded my gpu to RX 580 and since then everything went downhill.

CPU: FX 8370E
GPU: RX 580 8GB
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3 (AM3R2)
PSU: 550W
Hard drive: 931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (SATA )

After I upgraded my GPU, i started noticing not just having the same fps in certain games but even worse fps. I am currently playing valorant and this specs should give me 200+ fps, well on average i have 120. Sometimes playing heavier games my PC crashes (screen turns black/grey and a buzzing sound comes out of the speakers for around 5 seconds, then PC reboots). I lowered the video settings in Valorant and I havent had any crashes since then.
I tried everything like reinstalling windows, DDU, updating drivers and etc. I think my hard drive is going bad, but I do not think that these will be the effects of a bad hard drive.

What was your old graphics card?

What happens if you run DDU and put the old GPU back in?

I've not really followed Valorant, but how confident are you than an FX series 8370 should support 200fps? It seem,s below what Riot Games recommend for 144fps or more - notwithstanding system requirements can be taken with a pinch of salt. That won't explain the problems, but just saying 200+ fps might be ambitious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS