PC immediately shuts off after turning on

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
I’ve recently started having problems with my PC where if I make it go to sleep the night before, if I try to turn it back on in the morning it shuts off immediately after turning it on.
Last time I had this issue for weeks until I unplugged and plugged random cables back in and it started to work.
I tried doing this again but it seems like it’s not going to work.
The motherboard displays a 15 and a 51 if that means anything.
I’ve looked for blown capacitors but can’t see any.
My CPU fan won’t turn on but I’m not sure if it ever did?

Just wanted some help on what I should do - I was looking at buying new parts anyways.

Also not sure about what parts I have because it’s a old PC from my dad

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
The motherboard displays a 15 and a 51 if that means anything.

I would find out what motherboard brand and sku you have, usually you can find the name and type of board from it being physically printed on the board itself, once you find that out Google the error code as “15, 51” or even separate “15” and then “51”. Every motherboard has different error codes, could be cpu, GPU, RAM, shorts, a cable not being connected properly or entirely, it can be anything really, so find out what those codes mean, then start a process of elimination.

My CPU fan won’t turn on but I’m not sure if it ever did?

Just wanted some help on what I should do - I was looking at buying new parts anyways.

If your CPU fan never spun then that could be an issue, CPU might have failed from overheating so much but usually the PC will shut itself down to prevent your CPU from cooking itself alive, that could be the issue as well, make sure your cpu fan header is connected and the heat sink is seated properly, making contact with the CPU heat-spreader as well.

Do you know what your system specs are as well? That could help us out on helping you.

Also I’m not as knowledgeable as other users on the forum as I’ve only ever built 3 of my own Computers with mild tweaking and problem solving, this is just what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS