PC for gaming 1080p or higher - Compatibility doubts

Jun 18, 2023
Visit site
Hello! I'm building my first pc ever and been kinda overwhelmed with all the compatibility issues, and am a little anxious on buying the parts and messing up. The parts are as following:

CPU: intel i5 13600k
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B660M GAMING X, DDR4, SOCKET LGA 1700, M-ATX, CHIPSET INTEL B660, B660M-GAMINGX-DDR4
case: COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX Q300L PRETO, MCB-Q300L
Memory: Kingston Fury Beast, 16GB (2x8GB), 3200MHz, DDR4
cooler CPU: Noctua NH-U12S Redux
GPU: gtx 1060 6gb (will eventually upgrade)
Power unit: GX650 - CM STORM EDITION (https://www.coolermaster.com/br/pt-br/catalog/legacy-products/power/gx-650/)
Storage: Some ssd
1) Is this mobo decent? In the website it's saying its already bios updated, so i'm guesing it'll work fine with the CPU
2) Is the cooler decent? I wont overclock it, however I live in Brazil and it can get a little hot here, but i'll buy some more coolers to improve airflow
Is there anything i'm missing? I'll play in 1080p for now, and the GPU will be upgraded to a 3060 later on.. I'm open to any criticism and tough love if necessary, just dont want to waste any money!
I'll probably just play, wont be streaming or anything of the sort. Thank you all in advance! cheers

Jun 18, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

What's your budget, and any preferred retailers in Brazil to buy your parts—or online retailers?

For compatibility checking, put your parts list in at

One of our experts will comment soon re your choices—best of luck with your new PC!
Thank you for the reply! I've tried pcpartpicker and it is all compatible, however there are some issues i've found on some youtube videos about a B660M mobo chipset not being ideal and power efficient enough for a i5 13600k, and that it might bottleneck it, and the youtuber was recomending superior models (which are sometimes hundreds or a thousant brasilian Reais more, which is...... a lot lmao).
However, I don't know if it's a minor issue for hardcore enthusiast to worry about or a real issue that I'm stumbling onto, because all i'm checking is pure compatibility and not efficiency and balance if that makes sense.

Another issue is that I'm not sure if the cooler for the cpu is enough.. because being compatible doesnt mean it works hehe
My budget is flexible, i'll go above some hundred of dollars if needed!

TRENDING THREADS