Question Building PC for multi Purpose Designing && Coding (any suggestion || Comments )

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
CPU :
Intel Core i7 14700k Gen 20 core

MOTHERBOARD:
ASRock B660M PRO RS 1700 intel B660 6gb/s micro atx

MEMORY(2):
Silicon Power 32gb(2 x 16) DDR4 3200 288-Pin XPOWER Turbine

GPU/VIDEO CARDS:
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G (REV2.0) Graphics Card, 3X WINDFORCE Fans, 12GB 192-bit GDDR6, GV-N3060GAMING OC-12GD Video Card

CASE :
NZXT H7 Flow Mid Tower airflow pc gaming case enhanced cable management- water cooling ready

Power Supply:
Corsair RMe series RM 1200e ATX power supply fully modular atx 3.0 80 plus gold 1200 watts cybenetic platinum

Storage:
Team Group Mp34 m.2 2280 1tb PCIe 3.0x4 SSD

CPU Cooler:
Asus ROG RYujin III 360 all in one liquid CPU cooler with 360mm radiator 8th gen pump, 3x Noctua industrial PPC 120mm

Operating system:
Micro windows 11 pro ( Digital DL)

Am buying the components and would like to build myself. Already have the Case, memory, storage, motherboard and power supply. What is a overkill with the power supply? also have a other GPU powercolor hellhound amd radeon rx6600
You could power that system with a 600W PSU. Although I might suggest 850Watt in case you wanted to upgrade to something higher end in the future. The money you saved on the PSU you could have probably bought a better GPU.

Anyway looks like you have everything already, so no point giving advice there. If youd like advice on which graphics card, tell us how much money you want to spend and what country youre in.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
What would you like to know? The 1200W PSU is a massive overkill and the 3060 isnt necessarily a great buy anymore.

Whats your country and budget? Are you willing to build yourself or do you want something pre-built?
Am buying the components and would like to build myself. Already have the Case, memory, storage, motherboard and power supply. What is a overkill with the power supply? also have a other GPU powercolor hellhound amd radeon rx6600

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
You could power that system with a 600W PSU. Although I might suggest 850Watt in case you wanted to upgrade to something higher end in the future. The money you saved on the PSU you could have probably bought a better GPU.

Anyway looks like you have everything already, so no point giving advice there. If youd like advice on which graphics card, tell us how much money you want to spend and what country youre in.
Am in Cali. and there is no budget for the graphics card as long am able to play skyrim with mods and design to render.

Am in Cali. and there is no budget for the graphics card as long am able to play skyrim with mods and design to render.
You can play Skyrim with an actual potato :)

This is a gaming orientated forum, I'm sorry I dont know much about GPU rendering software. Your best bet would be to look for benchmarks of the programs on the web and see which cards perform best at that workload for a price you'd be happy to pay.

Puget systems is one place I know of who look at pro workloads, they may have an article on the software you are using.

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
What would you like to know? The 1200W PSU is a massive overkill and the 3060 isnt necessarily a great buy anymore.

Whats your country and budget? Are you willing to build yourself or do you want something pre-built?

MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 12GB GDRR6X 192-Bit HDMI/DP Nvlink TORX Fan 4.0 Ada Lovelace Architecture Graphics Card (RTX 4070 Gaming X Slim 12G).​

could replace the current list GPU with this 4070

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
The ASRock B660M Pro RS Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard supports the Intel Core i7-14700K 3.4 GHz 20-Core Processor with BIOS version 12.03. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, updating the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.
Am getting an error about the above of BIOS not sure what to do. the motherboard itself is able to support the 14gen CPU.

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
A 4070 is a good amount more powerful than a 3060. I can't find a review of that particular cooler, but the 4070 in general doesnt run hot (I have one) and I dont find any complaints about it online.
Would a water cooler be necessary for software projects or playing high end games

It supports your CPU, with a newer BIOS. Partpicker will throw out that warning for any motherboard that predates the release of newer parts. There may be a sticker on the box or on the motherboard itself that states the BIOS revision number.

Edit, I apologize for not twigging that earlier, I was a bit thrown off when you stated you'd already bought everything.

At this point having already bought it you have to hope that its updated. If not you may need to return it, or go to a local PC shop and ask them to do it for you as you'd need a 13th gen CPU in the socket to update it. Some motherboards have a BIOS flash feature without a CPU, unfortunately that model does not seem to have it.

Water cooler for GPU is not necessary.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts