Need help with upgrading workstation pc to gaming compatibility

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
First post, I just wanna preface by saying I’m brand new to pc builds but wanna get more into it. I got a workstation PC from my dad and it does decent with gaming but I wanna optimize it in the future. I am wondering if I can transfer everything from inside this PC to a gaming PC case, with minimal to no changes (new RAM and maybe a new cpu cooler). Will I face any compatibility issues? If not, what case would you recommend? I will list my current specs and attach some photos. Im trying to figure this out soon so I can take advantage of black friday deals.
Current PC: Dell Precision 3630 workstation
CPU: Intel core i5 9500 3.00GHz
CPU Cooler: stock fan that comes with the pc
Motherboard: Dell IPCFL-TB (see photo)
Memory: Stock 8 GB ddr4 (will upgrade)
Storage: Kioxia 1TB m.2 SSD
Video Card: Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Case: stock workstation case (what I want to change)
PSU: stock power supply, but I believe its 460W

Again I’m new here so I apologize for any errors. Also ignore the dust I'll clean it all out when I upgrade. The second photo is with the PSU panel flipped out and the first one is with it in, the image link is below. Any help is greatly appreciated.
View: https://imgur.com/a/uqYhli2

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 13, 2023
Visit site
Don't worry about being new to this, we all start somewhere! You can transfer most stuff to a gaming case, but double-check the motherboard's size and connections. Upgrading RAM is cool. Case-wise, check for mid-tower ATX cases for good space and airflow.

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
Don't worry about being new to this, we all start somewhere! You can transfer most stuff to a gaming case, but double-check the motherboard's size and connections. Upgrading RAM is cool. Case-wise, check for mid-tower ATX cases for good space and airflow.
Thanks, my only concern was the motherboard’s compatibility with gaming cases, but based on my searches its in the standard mATX form. Do you have any case recommendations in the low-mid price range?

TRENDING THREADS