Visit site
Hello. So I bought a new pc in parts:
Gigabyte b550 gaming x v2
Ryzen 5 5600X
Gigabyte RTX 3060 eagle
Adata XPG Gammix AX4U32008G16A-DB10, DDR4, 16 GB, 3200 MHz Ram
CORSAIR CV Series CV550 - 550W Power Supply 80 Plus Bronze
1tb M.2 ssd

So, I built the pc, everything is fine, I started installing windows (10 pro), and mid-way through the installation (almost at the very beginning) the pc rebooted and continued installing windows. It installed windows, then moments later shut off (from the other times I have installed windows this has never happened). For the first 10-ish minutes, the pc was working fine. And this is where the problem started. The pc seemed like it was turning on, but the monitor got the no signal message. So I tried resetting the CMOS, and it worked, but when I pressed "delete" to go to bios, I was met with a black screen and then no signal message. And the pc did the same thing. It's on, but doesn't show any signal to the monitor even tho all LEDs are working, and even the keyboard and mouse are lit up. After leaving the pc alone for an hour or so it used to work, but the moment I try installing Heaven benchmark or anything else the pc restarts. Or stops giving the signal to the display. Whenever it decides to work and I try to go to bios, the pc does the same thing with the display. I have no clue what's going on. For a moment I thought the windows got corrupt during the installation, so I wanted to try to reinstall them, that's why I wanted to get into bios, but couldn't.
Here's what I have tried to fix it and it didn't work:
CMOS reset,
Different monitor.
Taking the ram out one by one and switching them up (also tested on my friend's pc),
Plugging in the HDMI cable from the GPU to the motherboard HDMI port,
Tested the GPU on a different computer.

Also sorry for grammar mistakes.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome to the forum :)

Plugging in the HDMI cable from the GPU to the motherboard HDMI port
Why do that?
Might be useful to change the cable from the display between GPU and mobo ports.

So seems from your tests that it isn't the monitor or graphics card. My first inexpert bet is that the…
CORSAIR CV Series CV550 - 550W Power Supply 80 Plus Bronze
…550W PSU is borderline underpowered for your setup.

Is your display powered separately—ie not relying on PC for power?
Is the display connector also HDMI?
Are there any adapters on either end of the HDMI cable?

Anyway… one of our experts should be along soon :)

Reactions: Lutfij
Your processor doesn't have an iGPU, so your effort to plug your display cable to the motherboard is moot, you're not going to get display-out out of that motherboard, only from your discrete GPU.

That CV series unit is actually a unit I wouldn't have invested in. Something higher in quality and obviously with more power for your entire platform.

Tested the GPU on a different computer.
Might want to mention the full specs to the other system you dropped the discrete GPU into.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
I have got to test 2 more GPUs with this build. RTX 3050 which worked just fine, and another RTX 3060. To my surprise, the other RTX 3060 did not work, so I guess the pc just doesn't like RTX 3060? Idk how is that possible.
Also, I got to test a better PSU (CORSAIR RM650 80-Plus Gold). Sadly it didn't make a difference. Although I will upgrade the PSU, thanks for pointing out my mistake with the crappy PSU.

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
I was desperate at that point and tried everything I saw on the internet without a second thought D:
(why i tried using the mobo port)

Saw that with a 3060 the minimum is 550w and saw a nice name and thought "hey that should be alright".
(Why I got a cheap psu)

The pc I put my gpu in
CPU: ryzen 5 3600x
Mobo: Gigabyte b450 aorus elite v2
Don't remember the other components, sorry.

An RTX3050 does not have the same power draw as an RTX3060. You will need to verify the rest of the specs of the other build to understand what's different between the two.

There's a saying, help us help you. If you can't provide information regarding your test hardware, we can't do much from this end.

Saw that with a 3060 the minimum is 550w and saw a nice name and thought "hey that should be alright".
(Why I got a cheap psu)

People need to start understanding that a bare minimum is not something you should get, having headroom actually helps in alleviating any doubts. Having a unit that's reliably built also gives you peace of mind.

Also, I got to test a better PSU (CORSAIR RM650 80-Plus Gold).
By got, do you mean borrowed? If so, how old is the unit in question?

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Sorry for not replying, I figured out the problem! :)
It was the mobo...
When I mentioned that I had reset the CMOS, I took the battery out and did not touch the pins that are supposed to do the reset thingy. Turns out one of them was bent and was always touching one another. Now it either was me that bent them during the building process or it came like that from the factory. But that raises another question. Why did the pc work with an RTX 3050 and not the RTX 3060? :O

You don't need to jump the pins. In fact the jumping of pins is the same as removing the battery from the board. You're advised to power down the platform, disconnect from the wall and display and then remove the battery. Replace after 30 minutes and the BIOS will be reset for sure.

Turns out one of them was bent and was always touching one another. Now it either was me that bent them during the building process or it came like that from the factory.
I doubt it would be the latter but it's a good idea to inspect all parts after they're unboxed and you're advised to build your new system breadboard/atop your motherboard box. If anything goes wrong, it'll come up there. Saves you the trouble of disassembling your entire build when things go sideways.

Why did the pc work with an RTX 3050 and not the RTX 3060? :O
Something tells me that you bumped into the pins when you were swapping cards...? It could also be the fact that the board acts as a ground for the build, the RTX3060 having a higher power draw could've made a mess of the power on the platform, while the CLR_CMOS pins were bridged.

Glad you got to the bottom of the issue...though you have other issues as well.
Edit:
The PSU being one of them, then is the ram. You're loosing performance on the platform by going with a DDR4-3200MHz ram(assuming 2x8GB) kit. You're advised to get a dual channel DDR4-3600MHz ram kit on that above motherboard and processor combo.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS