PC-Build

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Hello guys,

I'm building my own PC for the first time and I want your honest opinions about it because I'm not that expert in hardware and stuff and I really need your help.

Here it is.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Msi b450 Tomahawk Max
Gpu: Gigabyte RX 5700 OC Gaming 8GB
Ram: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60G 16GB (2x8) 3200 C16
SSD: Gigabyte m.2 PCIe 128GB
Hard: Seagate Barracuda 1TP 64MB 7200 RPM
Power Supply: Cooler Master Elite 600W V3
Case: Redragon GC-601 Gaming Case

Regards,

What country and currency are you shopping in? Will help suggest any alternatives.

Overall the build looks very good, but I am concerned about the PSU which seems to be very poor quality, and the case which looks a bit restrictive for airflow.

What CPU cooler are you using? The stock AMD one?

What monitor are you using the system with? What refresh rate and resolution e.g. 1080p 60hz?

Reactions: Hervion and Zoid

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hello guys,

I'm building my own PC for the first time and I want your honest opinions about it because I'm not that expert in hardware and stuff and I really need your help.

Here it is.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Msi b450 Tomahawk Max
Gpu: Gigabyte RX 5700 OC Gaming 8GB
Ram: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60G 16GB (2x8) 3200 C16
SSD: Gigabyte m.2 PCIe 128GB
Hard: Seagate Barracuda 1TP 64MB 7200 RPM
Power Supply: Cooler Master Elite 600W V3
Case: Redragon GC-601 Gaming Case

Regards,
I agree with @Oussebon that you should consider a different PSU. Can you let us know what price the Cooler Master PSU is listed at so we can find you a good alternative that fits with your budget?

Overall this build is off to a good start. If it was me building this computer, I would ditch the 128GB m.2 SSD and the 1TB HDD and get a 1TB m.2 SSD instead. Getting a full 1TB SSD may not be that much more expensive than getting a small SSD + an HDD, and it will significantly improve load times in games and general system performance.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
What country and currency are you shopping in? Will help suggest any alternatives.

Overall the build looks very good, but I am concerned about the PSU which seems to be very poor quality, and the case which looks a bit restrictive for airflow.

What CPU cooler are you using? The stock AMD one?

What monitor are you using the system with? What refresh rate and resolution e.g. 1080p 60hz?

I'm from Egypt. This PSU costs 900 L.E which equals 57.90$. And yeah The cooler is the stock AMD one.
I know the Redragon GC 601 Gaming has a bad airflow but it looks so dope and not too expensive , so, If you can suggest me a good alternative with the same price and looks good then I'll be grateful. Btw this case is priced at 80.41$ where I live. My monitor refresh rate is 75hz and 1440x900 resolution. My monitor is a bit old but I'm willing to buy MSI Optix G27C4 in the next few months. what do you think of it?

I agree with @Oussebon that you should consider a different PSU. Can you let us know what price the Cooler Master PSU is listed at so we can find you a good alternative that fits with your budget?

Overall this build is off to a good start. If it was me building this computer, I would ditch the 128GB m.2 SSD and the 1TB HDD and get a 1TB m.2 SSD instead. Getting a full 1TB SSD may not be that much more expensive than getting a small SSD + an HDD, and it will significantly improve load times in games and general system performance.
You can find everything here https://elbadrgroupeg.store/ and here
https://maximumhardware.store/

SSD Drivers are quite expensive in Egypt, so, getting a 1TB m.2 SSD will be double the price and unfortunately this will exceed my budget. thanks for the advice though.

Reactions: Zoid
PSU: For the PSU, consider the

Their VTX PSUs are apparently okay. The other go-to options like the Seasonic S12II are out of stock - PSU stock level all over are bad right now. But I'd take the Cougar over that unrated Cooler Master. It's the only thing I saw in a similar price range that looked okay.

Case: As for the case, it looks like they have the Bitfenix Nova Mesh TG - which is a decent case - for the same sort of price as that Red Dragon
It's actually good value at that price, as it seems to be the one with 4 RGB fans pre-installed and is cheaper than you get it in the UK and USA.

SSD: I couldn't find that SSD on either site - how many EGP was it?

Reactions: Zoid and Hervion
May 1, 2020
Visit site
PSU: For the PSU, consider the

Their VTX PSUs are apparently okay. The other go-to options like the Seasonic S12II are out of stock - PSU stock level all over are bad right now. But I'd take the Cougar over that unrated Cooler Master. It's the only thing I saw in a similar price range that looked okay.

Case: As for the case, it looks like they have the Bitfenix Nova Mesh TG - which is a decent case - for the same sort of price as that Red Dragon
It's actually good value at that price, as it seems to be the one with 4 RGB fans pre-installed and is cheaper than you get it in the UK and USA.

SSD: I couldn't find that SSD on either site - how many EGP was it?
The SSD is priced at 600 L.E which equals 38.60$

Last edited:
Maybe the BX500 240gb for 700 LE

Or the Patriot Brust 240gb which is 600 LE

At least you'll be able to fit a large modern game on it, or several smaller games, as well as Windows. Just about.

Reactions: Zoid

TRENDING THREADS