PALIT GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB STORMX

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi I'm new to PC gaming and only just got my PC.. I run it on a 60hz TV at the moment looking to Upgrade to a Monitor..

Does anyone run this Graphics card? PALIT GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB STORMX

If so what do yous get in terms of FPS and what would be the best gaming monitor to go for?

For casual gaming you could just get a 1080p 60/75hz monitor. That's entry level, but so is your graphics card, so it's a decent pairing.

If you're quite into Warzone and expect you'll be playing other competitive shooters, you might want to get a 1080p 144hz screen. The extra refresh rate can make gameplay smoother and even provide a bit of a competitive advantage.

What country and currency are you shopping in and what sort of budget are you looking at?

You're split for choice then :)

Whatever monitor you buy, I'd suggest getting one with Freesync / Adaptive Sync. Which will let you play without tearing / reduced stutter as long as framerate stays within a certain range. It generally doesn't add anything to the price tag of a monitor so is a no-brainer these days

One of the best options in the 'budget' category - i.e. a 24" monitor around £120 - is the AOC g2460vq6. What makes it stand out is its freesync range (the framerate range at which freesync operates) is extremely wide - 35-76hz.

However, that's already £120 for a ~75hz monitor. Going to £190-200 easily nets you a 144hz monitor. You can see options here:

The AOC 24G2U is relatively new and quite popular, being an IPS panel with 144hz and freesync. There are TN panels too if you want the fastest response time possible e.g. AOC G2590FX, AOC G2460PF, HP 24x, and many more.

Note that some popular but older models don't have freesync, like the
BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P, and the Asus VG248QE I believe, so I'd avoid those personally.

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
You're split for choice then

Whatever monitor you buy, I'd suggest getting one with Freesync / Adaptive Sync. Which will let you play without tearing / reduced stutter as long as framerate stays within a certain range. It generally doesn't add anything to the price tag of a monitor so is a no-brainer these days

One of the best options in the 'budget' category - i.e. a 24" monitor around £120 - is the AOC g2460vq6. What makes it stand out is its freesync range (the framerate range at which freesync operates) is extremely wide - 35-76hz.

However, that's already £120 for a ~75hz monitor. Going to £190-200 easily nets you a 144hz monitor. You can see options here:

The AOC 24G2U is relatively new and quite popular, being an IPS panel with 144hz and freesync. There are TN panels too if you want the fastest response time possible e.g. AOC G2590FX, AOC G2460PF, HP 24x, and many more.

Note that some popular but older models don't have freesync, like the
BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P, and the Asus VG248QE I believe, so I'd avoid those personally.

Will a 144Hz be worth it with my Graphics card?

For competitive shooter games if you play with reduced settings in order to keep framerates up, I would say yes.

If Warzone is your only shooter / fast paced action game / the only game you might play at high FPS, maybe not so much.

You may be likely to keep the monitor a long time, so that's worth considering in terms of an investment.

TRENDING THREADS