Question P7 connector on Codex 3 desktop

Apr 15, 2023
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to do little upgrade on my MSI Codex 3 gen8 PC.
My graphic card is MSI gtx 1050ti, a bit too old/slow for my needs.
I was thinking of buying gtx 3060. I need to replace psu to at least 550 so I bought MSI MAG A550BN.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-certified-Single-Rail-Non-Modular-Powercord/dp/B09GW4S27Q?th=1
And here goes the problem. In front of the desktop there is a panel with audio/usb... and power button.
I didn't notice but there is a cable going from original psu to that panel with P7 mark on 4 pin connetor.
On MAG, the only 4 pin connector is the FDD cable. I tried to connect it but it does not match - it is possible to connect but desktop doesn't start on pressing power on.
Is there any other way to supply that panel with power. I tried to search for adapter or cable to connect with motherboard and could't find any.
Motherboard:
H310M Pro-M2
Original PSU:
FSP HA350

Apr 15, 2023
Visit site
index.php

Alright, that looks like a supplemental power for the USB type-C connector...? I mean it doesn't make any other sense to me for the front panel. That being said, I'm against the idea of upgrading a prebuilt, and it's things like this that make me say so...to add, this is an MSI prebuilt, I wouldn't tamper with it at any point of time, like the Dell XPS's about a decade or two ago(the one's with fancy ELD's at the front).

TRENDING THREADS