Solved NVME m.2 ssd wont show up on disk management/disk partition

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
just bought a sn750 wont show up on disk management/disk partition but it shows up on bios and disk manager

Motherboard : Gigabyte b450m ds3h v2

any help would be greatful

Solution

In the BIOS, it sees the drive, and in Device Manager, it shows up as a drive. However, I can't see the drive in Disk Manager, and when I try to populate the drive in Device Manager it says "Volume information for this disk cannot be found". I've tried looking up the various solutions, but to no effect......

I went into Powershell and used Get-PhysicalDisk and then changed the usage from "retired" to "AutoSelect", following parts of this tutorial.

Then, when that didn't work, I used the command Reset-PhysicalDisk and rebooted my computer. Then, it showed up in DiskPart in cmdprmt, so I went to...
Has it been assigned a drive letter when you go into disk management or is it not there at all?

Here's a good article on what to do if it isn't there at all:

Reactions: Alm
Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
Reactions: ZedClampet
He already said it doesn't show there

I couldn't figure out what Disk Manager was, so the question confused me.

Ah my bad, they are two different things. In that case, I echo your question.

Disk Manager isn't a thing. He means something else. Probably Device Manager like @Colif said. I was really confused when I read his question :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

COLGeek

just bought a sn750 wont show up on disk management/disk partition but it shows up on bios and disk manager

Motherboard : Gigabyte b450m ds3h v2

any help would be greatful
Does your BIOS detect the SSD? If not, we need to start there.

Make sure to enable NVME support (page 27 of manual).

Page 30 shows you how to see the NVME config (and if a SSD is detected).

disk manger is in device manager sorry for not being clear there

it shows in Device manager & BIOS
It doesn't show in Disk management & by extension file exploder (file explorer, I just call it exploder)

In the bios, is it setup as RAID?

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site

Make sure to enable NVME support (page 27 of manual).

Page 30 shows you how to see the NVME config (and if a SSD is detected).
thats the problem it detects it there but not on windows i think it might be a MB problem ill see if changing motherboard would detect it on windows
Note: will update later if it works or not

I think it probably just isn't formatted yet.

I'm pretty sure it will be just a formatting issue:

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it will be just a formatting issue:

like i said its not showing up on disk management

In the BIOS, it sees the drive, and in Device Manager, it shows up as a drive. However, I can't see the drive in Disk Manager, and when I try to populate the drive in Device Manager it says "Volume information for this disk cannot be found". I've tried looking up the various solutions, but to no effect......

I went into Powershell and used Get-PhysicalDisk and then changed the usage from "retired" to "AutoSelect", following parts of this tutorial.

Then, when that didn't work, I used the command Reset-PhysicalDisk and rebooted my computer. Then, it showed up in DiskPart in cmdprmt, so I went to Disk Manager, rescaned for disks, and added a simple volume, and success! The SSD now is fully installed and operational.

Any help?

• Love
Solution
Dec 24, 2021
Visit site

Any help?
i think it might work but the steps are not clear if any one can make it more clear that will very helpful

@c1ainel I'm afraid I'm like the proverbial monkey at the typewriter when it comes to Powershell CMD and such. I just cut and paste things I find in Google until it works. I hoped that would be enough for you to work it out.

I dont want to advise you wrongly and cause any problems, so I'll leave it up to someone who hopefully knows more than me, sorry.

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
@c1ainel I'm afraid I'm like the proverbial monkey at the typewriter when it comes to Powershell CMD and such. I just cut and paste things I find in Google until it works. I hoped that would be enough for you to work it out.

I dont want to advise you wrongly and cause any problems, so I'll leave it up to someone who hopefully knows more than me, sorry.
no need to apologize thanks for the help

TRENDING THREADS