Nvidia RTX 3080TI founders edition temperature

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
What is a safe temperature for this card? If I play cyberpunk 2077 I get 70 °C on the gpu but the gpu memory gets up to 85°C. Yesterday I played evil genius 2 And it caused my card to get up to 79°C and the memory up to 99 °C.
The gpu isn't liquid cooled but I have an AIO on my CPU.

Igors Lab is reliable, according to this article :

In response to questions among colleagues, for example from the R&D departments, it was unanimously agreed that the maximum temperature Ttot before the start of a possible destruction of the chip should be 120 °C and that Tjunction should probably be set at 105 °C or for the GDDR6X even at 110 °C is specified as the maximum value.

So basically it probably throttles to prevent damage when it hits 105-110C anything under that should be OK.

Also

In the table there TPU seemed to get the same results you did with there stress test, so youre on teh high side but not dangerous. What kind of case do you have and whats your fan set up? Can also try setting a custom fan curve using MSI Afterburner, and/or increasing case fan speed.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
My system has

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x with 240mm AIO cooler
Nvidia RTX 3080TI
32gb memory 3600mhz
Asus Crosshair 8 Hero
Thermaltake A500 case
3 120mm fans on front, 3 on top, 1 in back

Is your AIO cooler the AMD stock cooler? You just wrote "with 240mm AIO cooler" so im not sure what brand you are using for that. If that is the case, id replace ASAP.

Might not need to be mentioned, but make sure your PC is also in a cool environment and your case has air flow around it (its not in a corner, on the floor etc.).

Also, maybe clean the inside? IK 3080ti isnt all that old but i see you put a 3080ti with 7 fans and a 240mm AIO cooler into a mid-sized case (im assuming its this one) so dust can build quick if everything is pushed together, esp. with a 3080ti being as big and power hungry as it is.