New RAM makes PC bsod

Oct 2, 2022
Visit site
I bought new ram recently. (Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 2x16GB 3600MHZ to be precise).The PC can't boot at 3600mhz, I can only go max to 3200mhz.. I dont think my motherboard supports 3600mhz, but I dont really care about that. My concern is that I seem to be able to boot the PC at 3200mhz with no problem, but when I do a few things on my computer, everything shuts down, I get a really quick BSOD (I cant even see the error code) and then it goes back on my bios with my main SSD gone. I have to completely shut down the PC for my SSD to reappear and my pc to boot correctly. I feel like it might be a PSU problem since I only have 525W, but I don't have huge components that takes a lot of juice and I also dont want to spend money on a PSU without knowing if it is really the source of my problem. If someone could help me that would be very appreciated. (The PC runs perfectly with my old ram 2x8GB Corsair 3000mhz):)

My build:
MSI B450M Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 3700x (No overclock)
2X16GB Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 3600MHZ
Geforce GTX 1070 8GB
525W PSU
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
4TB ST4000DM004-2CV104
3x120MM Fans (Not sure about the right measure)
2x 24'' monitor LED 144Hz

Corsair checked the MB with the ram and found it works. Though not as 3600
The PC runs perfectly with my old ram 2x8GB Corsair 3000mhz)
That could be a hint

What ram codes are they? Corsair have at least checked this ram with your board -https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW32GX4M2D3600C18

what make/model PSU

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

TRENDING THREADS